My Least Loved Makeup Product

Okay, 'least loved' doesn't quite sum up how much I dislike this product.
Why do I even still have it if I don't like it? I know, I know. But I think part of me keeps it 'just in case!'
It's called being a girl. We're weird.

Anyway, I do like to stick to more positive posts and will hardly ever do a bad post because I want to concentrate on products I like/love, but I had to blog about my experience with this.
Here it is..

Miss Sporty Matte Finish Foundation

Now Miss Sporty is a low budget brand aimed at younger girls who want some cheaper makeup products to try, which is fine. In fact I do have an eyeliner from them that I quite like.
But this Matte Finish Foundation just doesn't make the cut from me.



My problem with this product is that even if it didn't have lasting power, or control shine like it says, I wouldn't mind too much if it was still a nice product I felt comfortable in. But the coverage is awful, and it applies TERRIBLY. I'm not just saying this, it is too 'dry' if that makes sense and doesn't spread well.


You really have to try hard to apply this evenly across your face, without smudges or uneven patches.
I've tried applying this with various brushes, pads and even my hands. Nothing seems to help this spread evenly, which was disappointing. 


I have actually tried moisturizing, and not moisturizing before applying this makeup, as I thought it may have just been because of my skin and the way it sat. Neither made a difference, it was still a patchy mess. I'm hoping you can actually see what I'm talking about from these photographs I've included.

So that's my least loved makeup product. It stays in my bag in case someone can give me a tip on how to use this better, or in case I have no option but to use it. Although to be honest I think I'd go bare then..

What do you guys think? Have you ever tried this?
And what's your least fave product you own?
Let me know,

Jemma x

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Eugh that looks awful!
    It's actually a refreshing change to read a negative review - we should see more of these! ;)
    Shame, as like you say its a brand aimed at younger girls just starting out with make up, and for a young girl to attempt to apply this is a scary thought!
    Fab post :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO so much for reading lovely! And I agree! I mean, you can't expect miracles for a cheap starter makeup brand, but it's a shame awful products like this might put some girls off! And Im so glad someone's been positive about a negative review. I like to stay upbeat, but every now and again you have to get the bad ones off your chest haha! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.