Music

Today I wanted to tell you guys what music I've been listening to and loving this past week 
They are mostly only recently discovered by me, so please don't judge me if you've loved a certain band or Artist for a long time, I'm always slow haha!


Banks 

Her music has been described as 'dark R'n'B' by plenty, but I feel it has dreamy/chillout/techno moments too which really made her stand out to me. I've found Banks great to listen to while chilling out, blogging and when I'm awake late at night. Relaxing without being anywhere near boring. My favourite songs right now of hers are 'Brain', 'This is What it Feels Like' and 'Drowning'.


Foster The People 

Yes, I'm late on this one. Oh well, better late than never! Anyway these guys made their way onto my phone about 3 weeks ago, and I've not regretted it. Upbeat, quirky, indie, I like everything about their sound so far. Especially 'Pumped Up Kicks' and 'Coming of Age'.


Foe 

Now, this is my love! Foe is UK female Artist I discovered randomly last year sometime. She is still small time, only one other person I know has heard of her. She has been on TV, radio and wrote about in The Guardian as 'New Music of The Week' in 2011. I love her music, it's SO catchy, quirky and yet dark. You can find her music around if you search her album 'Bad Dream Hotline', especially on youtube. In fact I'll leave a link here, to one of my favourite songs of hers. She is a wig wearing, weird girl with a sultry voice you'll die for. If you listen to one artist from this list, make it FOE.


Foxes 

Oh she's one I was meant to try for a long time. But just never quite got around to it, until now. Like her album name, she is Glorious. Great voice and catchy tunes of soft pop with a dark streak make her one to keep on listening to. I love 'Youth', 'Let Go For Tonight' and 'In Her Arms'.


Troye Sivan 

Oh this boy. As one of the super famous Youtubers who own the vlogging world, he has now gone into the music business. And in my opinion, he's done it successfully. His EP has just been released days ago, and already it's made a massive impact with fans all around the world. 'Happy Little Pill' is the first released track and I'm obsessed with it. There are only 5 tracks on the EP and my only downside would be that I want more. Go listen to it, see for yourself :)



Let me know what you think of my choices, and if you like any of them!




post signature

3 comments

  1. i love foster the people and foxes! you have such a lovely blog! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/sweet-as-honey-with-burts-bees.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course lovely, thanks for taking the time to visit! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been obsessed with James Blunt, not just lately, but I guess since 2012, and I still love him, though my friends don't xx

    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.