Skinetica Anti-Blemish Toner Review

If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know that a little over a month ago I won a competition held by the fabulous Georgina of shemightbeloved. I was delighted by this because I've never been very lucky, and for it to come from one of my favourite bloggers was even better. And now after a month I feel confident enough to review it, based on my experience using it.

I won two full size samples of anti-blemish toner from Skinetica, as shown below.
Who doesn't love a freebie?

Now this toner claims fast acting skin clearing, non greasy texture, no harsh chemicals, kindness to skin and it's been dermatologically tested. The directions guide you to use this every twelve hours, so each morning and night.



My first impression of the bottles felt that the packaging could have been designed better. It looks really clinical and medical, not your typical eye catching beauty product. As someone who has studied Graphic Design, things designed badly like this grate on me a little. But let's not judge a book by its cover eh?


I have used this product each morning and evening, after taking my makeup off, and I have to say it's been great at picking up those last patches of makeup for a really good clean. I have combination skin, and it can be quite sensitive too so I always worry about reactions to new products. I needn't have worried though, as it was very gentle on my skin as promised.


It comes as a clear watery liquid and applies easily across the face using a cotton wool ball/pad. It does take a moment or two to dry longer than other toners I've used, but I suppose that wasn't a major problem.

After a month of using it I can confirm I did notice it taking the redness out of my skin at times which was great, and it usually did this within two hours. However, I never had any real skin problems this month no real blemish flare ups, and it's very rare I get spots anyway. So it's hard to say whether it was just a random stroke of luck, or it genuinely helped keep my skin that way. Perhaps a good way to test this would be to use it until I run out and have to use something else, and see how my skin is then.

I wouldn't have any reservations about recommending this to people, especially if you have sensitive skin like me and you are fussy with skincare. I know there are other much better ones out there, but considering the price each of these bottles are worth (£9.99) it isn't that bad a price to try it.
Luckily though if you do fancy trying it, I recently spotted free samples of 15ml bottles available on their website here, so maybe do that first before investing!
Hope this helps lovelies!
Let me know if you've tried this before or if you're going to!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.