My Eye Prep Routine

I thought I'd show you guys my favourite three products I've been using the past month or so.
This is based solely for my eyes, because it's become an important part of my makeup routine and I think it's brightened up my eyes a little!


We have;



So let me run through how I use these products first.
1. Dot the Makeup Academy Eye Primer over the top of my lids, and gently pat down with a finger until smooth and even, all over.
2. Grab the BareMinerals Stroke of Light Illuminator and do the same with this, but do this underneath my eyes. So small dots, and then spread in nice and even.
3. I give it a few minutes to let these products settle, then I take the final product, BareMinerals Prime Time in Sundance. I then use a small precision brush to apply this over the top of my lid. I build it up generously near my eyelashes, and then spread it out over my lid, thinning it out as I go.

Now you might wonder why I use two eye primers, and to be honest it's because I love the Prime Time in Sundance so much. Not only as an extra sure way to keep your eyes primed, but the shade is beautiful.
You can see each of the products and how they look on skin below.


As you can see, the Prime Time in Sundance is a gorgeous golden colour. I love this as an eyeshadow colour, whether you use it on it's own or as a base with other colours.
And using two layers of primer on my lids means my shadows stay on all day, crease free!

I thought each of these products deserve a mention, because they are great value for money in my opinion, and really brighten up any dark circles or bags. Personally I have terrible dark circles under my eyes and love when I find anything that really covers them well.
Even if I didn't have time to prime, or do my routine properly, I would always pop some of the Stroke of Light under my eyes to brighten my face. It's a beautiful, smooth, matte product that I'd take anywhere.




So what do you guys think? Would you try any of these?
And what eye products do you use?
Leave me a comment below! :)
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.