Straight Talking, Sexist, Unhealthy Relationships? Moomin.. Is That You?

Have you ever found yourself re-watching an old TV show that you used to love as a kid, and being amazed at how naive you clearly were? Like cartoons that clearly had warped jokes in them, or sexual innuendos that are completely lost of children (thankfully). Well recently I had a similar experience. I had bought Gary another collectors edition of a Moomin comic book, and we had a giggle finding some rather questionable content hidden within the pages.










I actually found these quite hilarious, but it's funny to see things like this in a children's book. There were plenty of references I could have sat and photographed all day, but sometimes the joy is finding them hidden along the way. 
Have you ever experienced this watching back old TV shows & movies, or reading books?


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

13 comments

  1. I get this feeling quite often watching Disney films but I'm never offended by it. Like you say, I find it really funny and the whole thing quite twee and old fashioned!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love the Moomins! I'll never be anything but giggly about it haha. Its just interesting to see :D xx

      Delete
  2. Haha I cannot believe this! I used to watch this programme and read the book they were my favourite!
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaah! I still love it, I've not grown up haha xx

      Delete
  3. Haha oh man, I loved the Moomins! My friend bought me a 2015 Moomin calendar and I was so excited! It's so strange how these things just go over your head and it's so weird when you notice them years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo how lovely! That's so nice! <3

      Haha yeah there are so many! xx

      Delete
  4. Haha, amazing. I used to love the moomins as a kid. Apparently disney films have hidden meanings too, the old classics anyway, although I can't think of any off the top of my head to give you.

    Hayley \\ city&code

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen a few! I think its hilarious and interesting! x

      Delete
  5. This is so funny! I've only read a few Moomin comics before, but I loved them ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is so cute! I love watching stuff back to see the innuendos.. although now it's funny watching childrens tv/films and actually understanding them now haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I really think you don't appreciate cartoons more than in your adult years!

    Rachael xo
    Girl Behind The Blue Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went I went home I found history book from my primary school... I have sat there all night reading it! and I remember I hated it while in school!

    Anna, www.yayinteriors.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Not Moomins! I completely agree with you, there are a few moments where as a child you never noticed it and then watching or reading thing as an adult you recognise it and it can change your view of them too. Watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame now it's very dark and has some heavy themes which I never picked up on growing up, and some jokes in cartoons which I never got and now do. Great post Jemma! I enjoyed the Moomins :D - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.