Pucker Up! x

So recently I counted 42 lipsticks in my makeup box in total. Even that doesn't feel like much to me, with the countless amount of shades available out there! But the one thing I did notice, was that I am obviously a big fan of a red lip. I have so, so many lipsticks/glosses/balms in red hues, and whilst I think red will always be my favourite lip colour, I fancied branching out a little.

I decided to try out some of the other shades in my box that I either never use, or very rarely. For me these are the lighter pink and nude shades, and the ones I chose to try out are shown below.



Okay so I've put together photographs of each one so you can see them and compare them properly, and hopefully it should help me rediscover some new beauts!



1. GOSH - '161' Sweetheart


2. Collection 2000 - '2' Pink Shock


3. GOSH - '162' Nude


4. BareMinerals - 'Get Ready' Marvelous Moxie


5. Kate Moss - '33' Rosetto


The Rundown:
1. This is a little more dark and 'brownish' than I'd like, but I would wear it with the right outfit, and probably only as a night time shade.
2. I love it in theory, because I love all things pink and girly. But this was a very 'bubblegum' kinda pink, and as much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I can pull it off. Maybe as a bright summer shade if I want to brighten up a look with a quick POP?
3. I actually really liked this as a casual everyday shade, which surprised me. It does seem to flatter my daytime makeup and skin colour, which is great.
4. Admittedly, this was my favourite. And I know I'm being predictable because it's the closest to a red shade out of the bunch, but I can't help myself! It was gorgeous on, and really perked up my look. I like this shade for day or night time looks.
5. This turned out more peachy on me than expected. I like it quite a bit, but I think if you bought this hoping it would be really pink, you might be disappointed. Personally I think it's a great Spring/Summer shade.


So there we have them. What do you guys think looks best/worst?
And if anyone has any tips on how to pull off the bright pink shade, let me know!
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. I love the Rimmel Kate Moss collection, the shade 33 looks so pretty!

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its such a sweet collection! <3 Thanks for reading lovely :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the way you take photos; photography is probably the thing I hate most about blogging, I avoid it at all costs :(
    your skin colour is lovely and so versatile its unfair...i can only wear nudes and things with a brown or purple undertone:( number 3 and 5 are gorgeous though

    www.okaaythen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love taking photos! I hope to improve as time goes on. You learn a lot from other bloggers too. Aww you're so sweet! I've always wanted to have an olive complexion, but being pale sometimes can feel nice! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.