DIY Bunting


These past few days I've found some amazing blogs whilst I've been wondering around the interwebs. I'm always on the lookout for blogs that inspire me, no matter what category they choose to blog about. One of such blogs was A Little Birdy Blog by Chloe, and if you follow that link you'll discover a lovely little bunting DIY post. This instantly inspired me to make some bunting of my own.

Now first things first, I am nowhere near as good as her, it is solely because of her post I decided to do my own bunting and I am too impatient to follow step by step guidelines. She makes it wonderfully easy to follow with beautiful photos to show you exactly what you need to do to make your own.

I literally seen that post and started making my own without even following instructions. I tend to do that, I like to just mess about and see what happens when I try it myself. 
And here you can see my results.



I decided I wanted a collage/crafty feel to my raindrops, so I used cut up magazines rather than printed patterns. I enjoyed finding different magazine pages that had a pretty print, or interesting text. 



I did also find an old collage I had from a few years ago that I did myself, and it had some beautiful elements to it so I decided to include some of that.



I was also super, super happy that I found an illustration of Caitlin Moran in one of my magazines, as she is a true inspiration and hero of mine, so of course I included her face to inspire me on a daily basis.

Once I had my chosen cut-outs, I glued them to some thin card I had so that they would be a little stronger. I then made a tiny hole at the top of each raindrop, got some pink string and looped it through each one. My advice if you try this, is follow Chloe's steps on securing them in place with small knots, so that they don't slip or move once hung up. When they were all in place on the string, it was simply a case of tying the string around some drawing pins, and then popping those into the wall where I wanted to display them. I chose one of the barest walls we have in our bedroom, just over my yearly calender. You might choose to display it on it's own, but I kind of liked the overlay effect.

And there we have it! Easy peasy.
This is such a simple and lovely idea, thank you to Chloe for the inspiration.
This is a great DIY decoration for any room, and you can alter the design for different occasions. Perhaps do a baby themed one for a baby shower, or use cut out letters for someone's name/a birthday? Either way, anyone can do this, and I suggest you do, it was fun!

If you like this, leave a comment and let me know :) 

post signature

2 comments

  1. I love yours! It looks so great. I liked A Little Birdy Blog's as well, but yours has a little more color and diverse patterns and such which makes it stand out. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you so much! That's really sweet! I love mine, but I think her's is beaut too! And she gave me the inspiration so full credit where its due haha! Thank you lovely for stopping by xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.