My First Blog Event



Yesterday was a day to be brave. If you've read my posts about confidence, you'll know I've been determined to step out of my comfort zone lately, and I was certainly put to the test when I had the opportunity to attend the #NWBloggerMeet in Liverpool! Someone had dropped out last minute (the night before!) and I was lucky enough to get myself a place. I was already meeting Georgina from She Might Be Loved on Saturday anyway, as she had been invited to give a talk at the event, and asked if we should finally meet after chatting for the past few months over Twitter etc. I was so thrilled to meet her, as I admire her so much! So when I heard I also had the opportunity to attend the event with her.. well, I was ecstatic.

It didn't take long for my nerves to set in however. I worried I would be super shy, I'd look silly, or I'd end up on my own with nobody to talk to. Basically I was being ridiculous. But I told myself it'd be worth it, it's all about the experience. So I popped on my lipstick, grabbed my camera, and headed out that door Saturday morning determined to make the most of this opportunity. Little did I know it'd end up being one of the best days ever, I'd feel confident, and I'd make great new friends.


The whole thing was held in The Button Boutique and it looked absolutely incredible! Fairy lights twinkling everywhere, cupcakes galore, and a whole range of decor to make any blogger swoon; it was the perfect setting.
Georgina shared so many wonderful tips, tricks and stories of her experiences that I instantly felt inspired and understood. It was fantastic to meet other bloggers finally and share that same bond. Everyone was so, so lovely and I didn't find it hard to talk to anyone at all. In fact, I was a chatty bugger! I didn't shut up I think, so apologies if I was annoying to anyone ;)

We each got a goody bag full of lovely products from Bee Good, Stella & Dot, Deborah Mitchell and Magic Accessories to name just a few. The lovely Liz from Stella & Dot gave a little introduction to the range of products they offer too, and really expressed how personal each piece is. They provide beautiful jewelry for a range of tastes, and I personally fell in love with so many necklaces! I will definitely be treating myself to one soon.



The best part of yesterday was the feeling of pride I got at being involved in such a great community. There are so many benefits to blogging, but making new friends who genuinely share this passion is a winner for me. When everybody was going home yesterday, a few of us all walked into town together chatting away and laughing, and I couldn't have been happier. Holly, Lisa and I also popped to the Body Shop to say hi to Aisling, who I've been meaning to meet for ages! It was so lovely to finally meet her and I definitely hit my blogger quota for the day. Meeting so many was just fantastic. Then it was onto Lush to pick up some goodies of course, and Holly was definitely the right person to go with. She is clearly a fan, as she was an expert in so many products, and made me smell everything!

I cannot begin to explain how great it feels to have finally met other bloggers, and taken this big step. I was so afraid of being too awkward, when in fact I've never felt more at home. Thank you to the lovely Katie for arranging such a magnificent event, it was truly awesome.

And after all this, I plan on going another event in two weeks. Phew... Bring it on!









post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

31 comments

  1. It was so lovely meeting you yesterday! I remember how nervous I was when I went to my first blogging event last September, and in the end there was nothing to be scared of because everyone is so friendly. :)

    Is the other event you are going to in two weeks another North West blogger meet up? If so, I'm going to that one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming this is Holly - Hey!! :D Lovely to meet you too!! <3 Yep I'm going that same one hehe, see you there! xx

      Delete
  2. Awwwh it seems like you had a lovely day!!! This makes those who feel skeptical about going to these blogging events feel so much better. I can imagine myself feeling a bit awkward. But this was really helpful. :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah you should just go for it, it was SO much fun and so worth it! Everyone was really lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a great event, I'm glad to hear you had a good time! I love getting to put faces to Twitter handles IRL, it's so fun to meet people you've been chatting to over the web for ages. So many bloggers are now my good friends and I'm so grateful for my blog providing the opportunities to meet them x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! - So happy I went! I cant wait to go to more and meet even more people! xxx

      Delete
  4. Jemma it was ace to meet you and you did not come across as nervous at all. I'm checking out everyone's blogs today and I'm really enjoying yours, I love your style of writing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Laura!! IT was so lovely to meet you too! <3 Cant wait to see you at future events! xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Some weird typo! Lol

      Aww wow it looks like you had an amazing day! Great post and pictures! Xxx

      Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

      Delete
  6. Yay for your first blogging event. The first one is always the most nerve wrecking until you are there & realise how much fun it is. Looks like a great event & the place is so quirky & cute x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I was really nervous you know! :) I needn't have been though, it was so awesome! I cant wait for my next one :) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks lovely, I would love to attend a meet up one day!!
    Gorgeous photos :D

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a lovely day :)!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was lovely to met you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it looks like you had lots of fun! I wish there were blogger events close to where I live ♥
    Have a lovely March!
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Boutique looked incredible! I really wish I'da signed up, silly nerves. Maybe next time! :) :) Rebecca | Rebecca Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was so lovely to meet you, wish I'd be able to come shopping afterwards haha. What event is it your are going to in two weeks? wish I was going to that one as well. I hope to meet you again some time soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a fantastic time & met some super people :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee | Bella & Bear Professional 15 Piece Makeup Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so proud of you Jem for having the courage to go!! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. it was so lovely to meet you! you didn't seem nervous at all! I look forward to seeing you at all of the future events! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hats off to you for stepping out of your comfort zone and attending the meet up! It looks like you had a blast! I miss living in the UK and being able to meet up with lots of other lovely bloggers so it's good that you're making the most of it. Thanks for sharing Jemma xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much good hair in these photos!!
    Well done on taking the plunge and attending the event. I'm always too scared too but it looks like you had such a fab time.
    How exciting!!
    Gill x EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you had a fantastic day! :D I remember going to a blogging conference in Dublin, and worrying about the exact same things, especially that I'd end up on my own with noone to talk to because I am so socially anxious and the minute there was a break, a girl the same age as me turned around and started talking to me, and I met some really lovely people! :D It's a refreshing thing to step out of your comfort zone! :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Which event are you going to next lovely? I have the bug! I was so gutted to have to leave early.. was one of my best friends birthdays in Leeds so had to get a wiggle on! x Great post .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look how beautiful everyone is!!! Chuffed that you had such a great time <3

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww this is wonderful! I'm so glad you stepped outside of your comfort zone and went! I would love to be involved in blogger events but where I live its basically no bloggers haha(I live in the US)! I cant wait till I can branch out and go to blogger events in the future. Being able to meet bloggers like myself in the same niche and maybe not in the niche will just warm my heart just like it did you! You all look like you had an amazing time and next event will be even better!

    Jasmine :)
    Color U Bold

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww this is wonderful! I'm so glad you stepped outside of your comfort zone and went! I would love to be involved in blogger events but where I live its basically no bloggers haha(I live in the US)! I cant wait till I can branch out and go to blogger events in the future. Being able to meet bloggers like myself in the same niche and maybe not in the niche will just warm my heart just like it did you! You all look like you had an amazing time and next event will be even better!

    Jasmine :)
    Color U Bold

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to go to an event and meet other bloggers like this! My friends and family don't really 'get' blogging so I can't really speak to them about it. It would great to meet people with similar passions and interests. I love the location of this event, very pretty and unique! Good to hear you had a lovely day :)

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like such a wonderful experience! I can definitely understand why you'd be nervous but I'm so happy you had a blast.

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw this looked soooo nice! We never have blog events where I am from - this looked so lovely and it must be great being around people who you can chat to all about your blog/blog ideas etc etc. And your hair is great!

    MAKE IT RAYNE
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.