Weekly Reflections

*Image courtesy of Pinterest

Hey everyone! Hope you've all been having a lovely week, I've been back into the blogging routine myself after finally getting the internet set up at home, and I've got lots to share with you guys that I felt like having a natter about! I don't always do weekly reflection posts, as I like to save them rather than force them. And I know it's not the end of the week, but sod it! Here are some things I just felt like chatting about this week..


Things I'm loving:
- SERIAL. Holy crap this podcast. The whole world blew up about it and I finally jumped on the bandwagon. As someone who is obsessed with true crime anyway, this fascinated me from the start. I won't post spoilers, because I encourage you all to go listen to it immediately. But I will say this, I'm so conflicted! I don't know what to think. I want to believe in the good of people, but it's so confusing and heartbreaking. I cannot get enough of this podcast. LOVE.

- Louise Pentland AKA Sprinkle of Glitter. That blonde gal who is one of the huge vloggers/bloggers out there. I must say she's always been my favourite youtuber as she is so hilarious and sweet, but lately I've especially appreciated her videos and blog. When Gary goes off to work of an evening, I've been left alone at the flat and I'm a little bit anxious still in a new place. But I've been watching Louise's videos and they really do make me smile. She is the ultimate girl next door and though she might be friends with all those other youtubers, she definitely does her own thing and keeps her feet on the ground it seems. I get quite inspired by her happiness, confidence and kindness on a daily basis.

- 1989. Yes, that album. I was no Taylor fan before this. I mean, I didn't hate her or anything but she definitely weren't on my radar and I barely even knew any of her songs. I'm usually an emo/rock music kind of gal, and Taylor doesn't quite fit in there.. That being said though, I gave this album a chance after all the hype - and I'm so glad I did! Catchy, clever, relatable; it's just a little bit addictive. Favourite songs are Welcome To New York & Blank Space.


Things I'm not loving:
- Gotham. I'm soooo disappointed with this show! Fair enough I've only watched the first episode, but I honestly had high hopes for this show. I am an eternal Batfan, and a series based on Commissioner Gordon's early career sounded amazing to me! Ughh. Sadly they didn't pull it off. The name drops or hints of basically every bat villian in the first 20 minutes? Jeez tease us a little bit first. The lines were cheesy and I found a lot of the acting awkward. I dunno, maybe I expected too much for a TV series but I honestly feel this could have been brilliant, and they missed the mark.

- Application forms. Specifically job applications. Yes I'm job hunting again, but before you judge me, my current job is only a tiny amount of hours each week AND only temporary until like February. So I really need to find something else. So yeah, application forms. And they suck because they basically make you beg for any crappy job even if you are totally overqualified. It takes hours too.


Things I'm looking forward to:
- Mockingjay! It was awesome. I won't post spoilers (read the books!), but I enjoyed it even more than the second film, so I'm really impressed :]

- Getting a couch! Lol. I never thought I'd be so excited over mundane things but it's really annoying not having a couch right now. We plan to get one by Christmas though, and that can't come quick enough.. 

- Christmas obviously! Our first Christmas in our own place will be a quiet one, but wonderful I'm sure. Gary and I plan on watching movies and having drinks all Christmas day haha. On Boxing day we will go to visit my mum as she will be cooking a big dinner for all the family, and that'll be nice too.


I hope you all enjoyed this little weekly summary :] Let me know how you've been, and what you're loving/hating lately!



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

5 comments

  1. This is a really nice idea for a blog post
    your blog is so nice
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree 100% on the things you love! Serial is a serious obsession and I am totally conflicted as well - I go back and forth each week! I really like sprinkle of glitter too, I totally agree with you in that she seems much more down to earth and more relatable than quite a few of the other YTs! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I have the same lights as in the picture. Also I love Sprinkle of Glitter also. I feel she is very down to earth. :)
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to listen to Serial, you are like the 567th person to say they love it! I'm not a big Taylor fan either.. I have liked lots of her songs in the past but there's always been something about her that just doesn't click with me. I think she is an amazing song writer but sometimes her voice is just so ughhhh... idk how to explain it lol I do like Blank Space though!

    I think what annoyed me was that she won a lot of country awards... when she always had a pop feel to me... and I feel like so many other country artists really deserved the awards instead of her! i know she's moving away from country so hopefully the country artists will all have a fair chance now. :P

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the bit about Taylor Swift! I was exactly the same! My favourites are I know Places, Bad Blood & Style. x
    Angelina | The Peony Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.