How To Have The Most Festive Day Ever


Whether you want to make this Christmas day the most festive ever, or you simply want to get in the spirit of the season before then; I've put together a list of my favourite ways to make the most of this Christmas!



Have Christmas music playing constantly. Nothing gets me in the mood quite like Mariah or The Pogues, but whatever floats your boat. Even if it's just in the background, you'll feel like you're stuck in a snowglobe of Christmas!

Accessorize. Nothing screams Christmas like tacky jumpers, earrings, headbands and plenty of glitter nail polish.

Bake. Nothing says Christmas like plenty of sweet treats. Especially anything gingerbread or with sprinkles. Get baking!

Light candles. Plenty! (In a safe manner of course..) Bonus points if they have an extra festive scent.

Put fairy lights up. This is a personal favourite of mine, I love them all year round anyway. But an excuse for more? Brilliant.

Watch all those cheesy movies you love. Personally I'm not a fan of the ever popular Grinch or Elf, haha. But the TV is full of various movies over December - take your pick!

Get creative! String up all your Christmas cards, decorate the whole house, pop tinsel around your bed frame, make paper chains - whatever! Unleash your inner child and milk Christmas for all it's worth!



After writing this I'm feeling so festive I'll be trying all of the above immediately! Do you have any other Christmassy suggestions? Leave them below! :]



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

12 comments

  1. Having an advent calendar that doubles as a decoration. I have a big cloth one with pockets that you put your own treats in, this year is the first I've not got it up yet and my room feel so bare and scrooge-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh this sounds amazing! I've never heard of this :O ! Gona have to try one next year! xx

      Delete
  2. I always have Christmas music playing usually on Christmas eve and the bog day itself I just have them on a loop :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do all of these things when we are decorating the tree :) Really get into the festive swing of things! x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it must be so lovely having a proper family to enjoy it all with! Me and my bf live alone together and it's just us haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Love this, glitter nails and Christmas music get me in the spirit xx

    Laura | lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely list! My candles are forever lit in December. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candles are just the best though let's be honest haha!
      Such a simple thing, but - ughh! <3

      xx

      Delete
  6. Brilliant tips! I love watching Christmas films back to back whilst wrapping presents, it always makes me feel super festive!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with your tips. Thanks so much :D
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these ideas! I'm currently wearing a Christmas pudding jumper and hat.. I've got accessorizing down to a T haha! Also I agree that Elf isn't all that great - Jingle All The Way is my favourite because it's so ridiculous haha!

    Lovely post sweet :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Hazel! Bless you, I bet you still look as gorgeous as ever in them! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.