Purple Rain



I'm never gonna be the cool and stylish fashion blogger, who effortlessly puts outfits together to create a glamorous look. I'm far happier and more at home in a band Tshirt and jeans. Maybe every now and again a cute tea dress/cardigan combo. But more often than not, you'll find me in a hoody. Especially this time of year, when snuggling in my favourite lilac hoody practically makes me purr. That being said, it doesn't mean I want to slum it completely. I use my makeup to experiment and add a little bit of glam every now and again. Makeup is always my mask, my source of fun and my confidence. I can easily lose hours 'playing' with my makeup, storing it all away neatly, arranging it all, testing it out and trying new things.

In one of these recent playtime sessions, I realised I haven't wore much purple in a while. Sure I've gone as berry mad as any other blogger this time of year, but I've stuck to a red hue on my lips more than anything, and I haven't been brave enough to try any eyeshadows other than my nudes really. And this is strange since I used to get a kick out of trying every colour combination under the sun, especially purples. My favourite colour. 

Deciding to change that immediately, I used W7's In The Night Palette on my eyes, and Barry M Vicious Violet on my lips. Bold, Wintery, and definitely matching my hoody. I must say I'm happy to have found a little colour again. Here's to the next playtime session..




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

8 comments

  1. It looks lovely on you! I love purple all the time, but have definitely been enjoying the berry lips recently. I really want to try some stuff from w7 and this palette looks gorg! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie! Fab post, I am absolutely loving your makeup!! My favourite shades and colours...no idea why I'm just a rasperry plum shates lover haha!

    Definitely going to look for the palette and lipstick they're stunning!

    Claire x

    Lovelaceanddaydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous makeup look, it really suits you so definitely step out of your comfort zone more often :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, purple really suits you!

    Grace
    http://grownupgrace.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all are one of my FAVORITE bloggers! I love everything that you post and it is always different! I look up to you as a blogger! You're consistent and authentic! Love it! PS: Your Makeup is perf!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous makeup look and it suits you so well! And that lipstick is just amazing! x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the lipstick. There's no way I could get away with it though. Too pale and likely to look like Morticia Addams!
    Writer’s block and broken lenses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.