Blogging: Best Tools & Resources


Blogging can be a busy business, as I recently mentioned in my Blogging Myths post. If you don't use the right tools, or make advantage of the amazing resources out there, you could be missing out. I decided to put together a small list of the things I find most useful and help me keep my blogging schedule together somewhat. I am by no means an expert guys! Pshh. But enough of you have asked me recently, so I decided to put the most important ones (to me!) on here. Hope it helps you guys out a little.



1. Tweetdeck.
Tweetdeck is a dashboard application that allows you to manage everything about your Twitter account all in one place. Even multiple accounts. The best thing about this is the ability to schedule tweets whenever you want. Meaning you can tweet out about your latest blog posts on a regular basis, bringing in more views. On the rare days that I don't use this; I notice the difference big time. Another feature I love is the ability to create columns dedicated to certain users, or hashtags. That way I can see what all my fave blogger's updates are without getting lost in my busy feed.

2. Photoshop/Pic Monkey/Canva.
Okay so basically, get yourself a good photo editor dudes! I personally use Photoshop more than anything, but I know a lot of people don't have it. In which case, Pic Monkey and Canva are fantastic free editors that create beautiful images in a variety of ways. I'm new to trying Canva, but it seems like it has many creative ways to make your images stand out. And photography is your friend when it comes to blogging. Having beautiful images isn't everything, but it certainly helps.

3. Your Phone.
It sounds a little bit obvious, at least to me. But your phone is an incredible tool for managing your blog. You can download all the relevant apps (twitter, bloglovin, instagram) to stay on top of your blog notifications; even when you're out and about. Then there's your emails you can stay on top of too. Don't miss an opportunity to work with a brand or business, simply because you didn't keep on top of emails. Personally, my phone is my hero.

4. A Notebook.
And last but not least, the most simple and overlooked tool of all. Carrying a notebook everywhere with you, for when inspiration hits is invaluable. Yes you can use an app to make notes on your phone, but if your phone battery dies then you'll encounter problems. I can never remember a blog post idea I had unless I write it down! Also, if I'm being honest I much prefer putting pen to paper when developing ideas. So much more satisfying!




And there we have it. The four must have tools for blogging IMO. They'll save you time, help you get organised and hopefully grow your blog successfully. Let me know what you guys think.

What tools do you use?




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

21 comments

  1. I totally agree with all those tools and I use them all. I love tweetdeck a lot and find it so easy to use :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always carry a notebook with me in case I have a bit of random inspiration. I have a separate blogging planner (which is brilliant when I'm not at school and have 8 deadlines in 7 days) which is super, duper helpful. I find when I give myself a schedule and deadline I'm a lot more likely to get a post written (If I have a post to write!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried tweetdeck before. I think I'll try it soon for it's quite hard to manage two accounts with just one browser (bc i'm too lazy to logout lol).

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a notebook, and use my phone loads but I have struggled a little with tweet schedulers before, and editing images - I tend to just use afterlight or instasize to give my photos a cute white border! Thanks for this post, I'll definitely be trying tweetdeck again.

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice posts! I'll try tweetdeck and canva!!

    Have a nice Sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips. I use hoot suite to manage work related Twitter accounts. But now I'll definitely use it or Tweetdeck for personal twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for showing Tweetdeck! It has seriously changed my online life :)))) Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! Will look into tweetdeck now!

    thanks for sharing!

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, I definitely think all four of these are must haves for blogging! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iv not heard of Tweetdeck before! I always have a notebook as i always forget things x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always use notebooks and now have a separate diary for blog posts! also I use the list section on my phone to jot down any ideas!
    http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. Tweetdeck is my homeboy! Scheduling is such a big help.
    And photoshop is my life saver, though I don't know how many bloggers afford it! I only have it because of my work obviously and it's an outdated version now (cs2!).

    Good post missus!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use all of those things except for tweetdeck. It would be mighty handy. But I havent made a twitter specifically for my blog, it's just my personal twitter which I use casually on a daily basis. Thanks so much for the tips. Also I referenced you in my latest blog post. I used your Christmas tag on my blog and answered the same questions. I hope you don't mind. :)
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tweetdeck for scheduling posts. I must give canva a go I'd not heard of that one. My tip would be don't have too many notebooks... I forget where I have written notes!

    Keeley
    www.phatcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously need to download tweet deck. *Goes off to download right away*
    Win a £25 New Look Gift Card with Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of Canva! PicMonkey is my favorite, it is probably my most important tool for blogging!!

    Fabi | www.halfwaytonewyork.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just started using a notebook for ideas and have found it so useful. Wouldn't be without it now.

    Jegz xo
    http://jegz-loves-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use hootsuite to schedule my tweets and it is a lifesaver for sure, I don't always have time to tweet about my latest post throughout the day and deff love the concept!

    Rougesalvatore.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great post, I'm useless at remembering to tweet about posts so I should really try tweetdeck! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super helpful! Thank you for making this!

    Xx Caroline // http://xocarolineelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post made me happy as I use basically all these tools. Except TweetDeck! I've learned something new. I shall download that immediately!

    Thanks for the great tips!

    rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.