Blogger Nails



Is it just me or is white now the official colour of choice for most bloggers these days? Whether it's super white quality photographs, slick white outfits, heavenly looking decor,or now; nails. It seems a lot of us (not all I know!) are becoming obsessed with this clean white slate in every area of our lives. Take me for example; I am clearly someone who loves colour. Whether you look at my hair, my blog, my tattoos or my outfits, you'll always see plenty of colour surrounding me and I love it. But every now and again.. this blogging trend pulls me in. I've opted for white nails this week, as you can see. Pure white brilliance, with a subtle shimmer on top; just lovely. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to apply it as perfectly as some other bloggers though. Helen from The Lovecats Inc is one blogger who seriously causes me nail envy on a regular basis. So yes, I've began wearing white nail varnish, and I'm definitely a fan. This is coming from the girl who often paints each nail a different colour just because she can't decide on a shade.

So will I be giving up colour? Pfftt... Definitely not. I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that the blogging community often influences me in many ways; some subtle like this, some not so much. I think this is a fantastic thing though, as it's exposing me to new things all the time. Fair enough you might hate 'trends' and want to be different, well good for you! That's awesome. I just want to say it's okay to be influenced sometimes, and try these trends on for size. You might find something that fits wonderfully.

What do you guys think? Do bloggers ever influence you?



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

15 comments

  1. Yes. My new pillowcase was influenced by bloggers, my teaming of ankle boots with skirts was influenced by bloggers but white, no I don't do white. I'm too chaotic for pristine white:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! I couldn't trust myself to do white. Especially clothing...that'd be stained the first time I wore it knowing my luck. And I'm not a regular spiller or anything, but white...ohhhh it'd be everywhere!

      I do love white nails though!

      www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I've never worn white nails before but might have to try it! Rebecca | Rebecca Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just recently stopped biting my nails (yay!) but not painted them any colour yet! I must admit that the whole "white blogging" trend is lovely though! I was thinking of going with these nails - so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the glitter topcoat :) I've never quite mastered the perfect polish application either, I just rush it.
    I tend to stick with darker shades as I get a lot of hair dye transfer onto my topcoat lol.
    The white furniture is starting to invade my home though and I certainly take inspiration from a lot of posts I see.
    EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging has influenced me massively- mostly by making me lust after beauty products and clothes that I probably don't need! But it's also made me more aware of how I look after myself, particularly my skin, and to spend more time on myself rather than compromising how I look or feel :) I definitely have a thing for the white trend aside from my love of colour! x

    Emma | EMMABYDESIGN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white nails! I love these! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white trend in an aesthetic sense, but in a practical sense not so much. I can't imagine having all white furniture, or outfits, I'm too messy for that. Give me colour any day.
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not managed to fall into a blogging trend yet, maybe I don't read those kinds of blogs?! I'm always 3 steps behind when it comes to make up. I'm still stuck on the Barry M Gelly High Shine nails thing, so you'll see me with white nails at Christmas maybe ;) (Although saying that I do want to try out the new Barry M pastel shades, but it's all dependent on when I get a chance to buy!)
    Miss Pond | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. White can be nice, but I too am too in love with colour to give it up! And I'm the same with nails, I just don't have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My nails would be wrecked within a day if they were white! These are so pretty though xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  11. your nails look like icy! cute

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not ventured into the white look yet...I love how they look on you though :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post, your nails looks lovely! And bloggers influence me all of the time ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I can be trusted with white... Shows dirt too easily! White nails remind me of being in school when some people *cough* used to Tipex pretend nail varnish on.

    I will admit to being influenced by bloggers though - most recently it was a top from Primark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.