New Series: Interviewing Every Month



Welcome to (just!) one of my new projects for 2015, where I will be interviewing a blogger, artist, writer, or creative each month to get a little insight into their world. I'll be asking ten questions and exploring into the minds of people I love and respect in various fields. Hopefully they will share a little of their wisdom & thoughts on their experiences, and you will all enjoy.


This first month is starting off with a bang; the wonderful Megan from Thumbelina Lillie agreed to answer some of my questions...




1. What qualities do you think make a good blogger?- I think the biggest and most important thing is being honest - you need to build up a relationship with your readers and what's a relationship without trust? Being positive and enthusiastic is key too, I love seeing individual personalities shine through people's blogs.

2. Can you tell me your favourite thing about having a blog?- Ah, it's so difficult to narrow it down to one thing as I love the whole shabang! I'd have to say it's a great place for me to express my interests and be creative!

3. Is there anything you'd like to improve on?- I'm a real perfectionist so I'm always looking for ways to make my blog better. I'd really love to improve my photography even more, especially in terms of positioning products and backgrounds. 

4. What's your favourite type of blog to read?- As much as I love reading beauty and fashion I love reading general lifestyle posts - seeing where people have travelled and all the fabulous restaurants and things like that!

5. What inspires you?- Everything! I find inspiration in absolutely everything; From other blogs, to magazines, to films, to my friends, to my family, to shopping. I honestly do take bits and bobs from everywhere. Pinterest is so amazing for inspiration too!

6. Does blogging change you?- Erm, I don't think it 'changes' people, I think it probably makes people more aware in terms of the internet and such. I never knew how much of an audience I would get purely from writing about what I love about most. It's made my knowledge about beauty etc grow a lot but I don't think it's changed me as a person - which is a good thing, I hope!

7. What advice would you give someone wanting to start a blog?- Always be honest and true to yourself. Remember the reasons why you started and follow your heart and not the norm.

8. Link us to a post of yours you're proud of?- My #ProjectBareAll post, definitely. (Click here to visit!)

9. How do you beat bloggers block?- I try as much as I can to do things in advance so when I do get 'bloggers block' (and I definitely do) I have some time to overcome it. I also look to Pinterest for inspiration or ask my readers what they want to read!

10. And finally, what's the best thing that's happened to you since starting your blog?- I would have to say getting to meet & be part of a Q&A with McBusted. I have loved both of the bands since they came about and to be within a metre of them was just insane and I cannot believe that my blog brought me an opportunity like that!




* * * * *

Thank you so much to the lovely and talented Megan for allowing me to pick her brain this month. She has an amazing blog, if you aren't already following you should check it out. You can also catch her on Twitter at @MeganJaneLillie




I hope you guys will enjoy this new feature every month, let me know what you think please? :)
And keep an eye out for next month's interview with someone equally as inspiring!




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

32 comments

  1. Great idea for a series :) Looking forward to your other interviews xx

    Brenda BusyBee | Makeup Revolution & Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Brenda! I'm loving it! xx

      Delete
  2. Really great idea for a series, definitely going to read regularly! If you're looking for any more bloggers to interview then I'd definitely be interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely I'll definitely keep people in mind if I need to. I do have a list already though as it's all about people who have inspired me or challenge me for a while.
      Thanks for popping by xx

      Delete
  3. Love this new series. It's always nice to find out what inspires people and find some new blogs. And meeting McBusted is pretty cool! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love being nosey basically hehe! xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea for a new series Jem, looking forward to seeing who else you interview x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a series, I love reading blogging interviews, always find some inspiration from them! Can't wait for the next one

    Joanna x

    Www.the-orchard.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great concept looking forward to reading some more interviews


    http://www.emmainks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea for a series! Very inspirational :D

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella! Really appreciate you taking the time to pop by! xx

      Delete
  8. This is a fantastic idea, I love hearing more about the people behind blogs and what inspires them! I can't wait to read the rest x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__ Thank you beautiful! It means a lot!! xx

      Delete
  9. I love a good glimpse into a blogger's mind, so this is an absolute gem of a series!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great idea in getting to know bloggers :)

    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an awesome idea! Really looking forward to reading the series. Thank you!

    www.tammingtons.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh can't wait to read more of these posts! xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea. Love this one and can't wait for the next one :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam!! <3
      Thanks lovely, I'm so excited about this already! ^__^ xx

      Delete
  14. Love the idea of this series! It's a great way to find out more about bloggers I love and hopefully find some new ones to follow too. Looking forward to the next instalment.

    Dani | KaBOOM! Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet interview! Can't wait to see who you pick next xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of this, it's so good and interesting to read. Lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great series, so interesting to read! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you so much for popping by! xx

      Delete
  18. I love this- Such a great ideas for a series, can't wait to see the other interviews! Happy New Year hun :)
    Emily xx
    Emily May Designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely idea for a series can't wait to read more of them, always love tips from other bloggers!

    Kat x
    KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great series - really excited to read more!

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this series!
    I would love to be featured as i am fairly new to the blog world! I look forward to meeting new bloggers and making new friends!

    www.spoonfullofmill.com
    kilishayeva@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to answer any of your questions if you'd be interested! I'm a blogger, journalist for VICE, former host of the series Copenhype, foodie, and sometimes fashion blogger.

    My site here: www.danikamaia.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely idea :) can't wait to read more!

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.