Zoella Beauty 'Tutti Fruiti'

Zoella beauty new range

Zoella beauty new range

There are plenty of mixed feelings surrounding bloggers/vloggers and their merchandise; the new things they're trying to flog us each week. I for one, like some and support fully, and there's others I just can't be bothered with really. When it comes to Zoe Sugg's new Tutti Fruiti beauty range 'Zoella Beauty', I hadn't quite made my mind up to be honest. When I seen the new products displayed in my local Superdrug, I couldn't help but have a nosey.

I decided to pick up a few items from the range, to give my honest review and thoughts...

Zoella Beauty Body Mist

'Let's Spritz!' Fragranced Body Mist.

The Good: The packaging! I do think all the packaging is pretty in this range, but this is probably the one that appeals to me most. It's so girly and definitely perks up my dressing table. I also like that it's only £8 and would do for popping in your handbag for day to day use as a change to special perfumes.
The Bad: Okay.. here's the thing. This whole range is meant to be 'Tutti Fruiti' right? I expected a lot more of a sweet/zingy smell; which I'm actually a fan of. But I just didn't get that with this body mist. The smell is pleasant enough, and I will use it. But it's not something I love, and I don't think I'd bother buying it again. I know it's cheap but there are other scents out there even in this price range which are beautiful.
Overall Rating: Mehh - 2/5. I'll Instagram the hell out of this, and use it for days when I don't wana waste my perfume. But overall, not the greatest.


Zoella Beauty Foam Sweet Foam

'Foam Sweet Foam' Cleansing Shower Gel.

The Good: Only £3.50 - Very good price indeed, and a nice size. The scent? Success! I definitely detected a sweeter tone with this product, and was happy to see only a small amount was needed for a good lathering. It left me soft and smooth as a baby!
The Bad: Actually.. nothing!
Overall Rating: Pretty darn good actually - 4.5/5. I will happily buy this product again.


Zoella Beauty Body Scrub

'Scrubbing Me Softly' Smoothing Body Scrub.

The Good: The scent is lovely and sweet, not overpowering at all. I managed to really buff my legs (problem area with dry skin!) with great ease using only a small amount of this, and it left me with that super silky soft feeling afterwards. Lovely.
The Bad: This is a very gentle product, which is great obviously. However I wouldn't have even minded it being a little more exfoliating, a little tougher. But maybe that's just me! Her target audience is a lot younger than me though, so I can understand why this is a very gentle product. It's £7 though and though not a bad price, I can get something more suitable for me in the same price range.
Overall Rating: Pretty nice - 3.5/5. I would buy again for most of my body, but I'd be aware that I might want something a little tougher to tackle my problem areas for exfoliation.


Zoella Beauty Kissy Missy Lip Balm

'Kissy Missy' Lip Balm.

The Good: It's an extremely cute and pretty product, I must say. I like the texture and I love that it's tainted. You can apply a thinner or thicker pout on depending on your preference, and how much of a colour POP you'd like. I'm a lover of bright pinks, so I was impressed with this. Not bad for £3.
The Bad: I wish they'd made it smell as nice as the shower gel and body scrub! This doesn't smell unpleasant at all, but you know that run of the mill, cheap, lipstick sorta smell you get sometimes? Yeah it's a bit like that. That sounds harsher than it is, but it's the only way I can describe it. I don't mind it, but I think they could have done way better.
Overall Rating: I still really like this, but it's not perfect - 4/5.


Final thoughts?
I think the Zoella Beauty range is good for what it's for. It's supposed to be a lower priced range aimed at her younger audience, and I think a lot of them (or you, if you're younger!) will be very happy. I was left knowing I'd love to buy the shower gel and lip balm again, for sure. I'll consider the body scrub again too, it was really nice; but as I mentioned a lot of the time I consider stronger exfoliators, so we'll see. The disappointment was the body mist, and it's a shame because it's definitely the cutest - this is important to me, ha! - but not everything can be to everyone's tastes. It won't be something I buy again, and I'd recommend taking a sniff for yourself before buying.

Luna had a few sniffs for herself! The life of a blogger with a cat...

Zoella Beauty cat

Zoella Beauty cat




Let me know what you think. Have you tried, or would you try anything in this range?



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

33 comments

  1. It's a shame the perfume was such a disappointment, considering how absolutely adorable the packaging is!

    It's good to know the shower gel is a great product, but I hate that "cheap lipstick" smell, so I'm definitely passing on the lip balm. That smell just seriously bugs me.

    I love how honest and helpful your reviews are!

    xo, Alexia
    http://booklexia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't going to pick up the shower gel but after reading this I might have to give it a go!! I did want to try the body lotion though as I think she mentioned there was bursting beads in it which sounds interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try out the body scrub and the shower gel as they smell amazing! Kissy Missy is such a nice colour.

    Your photos are amazing as per, just pinned them to my little beauty board on pinterest ;)

    sazbomb.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to hear your thoughts! I'll definitely be trying out these products, because I love her first range of products.

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I will more than likely pick up these products just for the pretty packaging! I do love the sound of them though and am quite excited to try them out x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the packaging on all these, but I wasn't really impressed long-term with the initial range. Maybe this one's better?
    Thanks for the honest review - and great photos!
    LBx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luna is so cute! I have two cats and they always want to nosey in things when im blogging. Its a shame about the mist as with it being "tutti fruiti" i would have expected a really sweet fruity scent x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit that I assumed the range would be a bit cheap & rubbish because it came out pretty quick and the last range got a lot of negative feedback, however, you've managed to change my mind! The shower gel sounds great, I might have to give it a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably wouldn't try these products tbh, but I do like the packaging. Thanks for the review!
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great and really informative review :) The two things I wanted to pick up were the scrub and lip balm. Still considering both, but your opinions have definitely helped me :D Luna is adorable!
    Charlotte x
    allthesesecretsaresold.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, nothing about her range really screams at me, though i will admit i am intrigued by the scent. oh well, doesn't seem like anything i'd eagerly track down to get in the states.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures in this post are of excellent quality firstly.
    I dont think these products are available in Ireland yet, but I dont think I'll be too pushed about a lot of the products. I wasn't overly impressed with the first collection and for some reason i feel a bit old for these products.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing about her new (and old) range jumps out at me. I tried some of the old range and didn't feel like any of it did the job any better than something cheaper? Plus the smell was a bit strange. It also brought me out in a rash which wasn't very good aha! I probably won't purchase any of the new range but I am intrigued about the smell so next time I pop into Superdrug I will take a whiff.

    P.s Luna is so adorable! x

    Sarah | The Girl with the Winged Liner

    ReplyDelete
  14. The packaging looks so good on all of them! Or it's just your photography doing them justice? Either way, I doubt these would ever be available here in NZ. But if they are I don't think I would rush out to buy the fragrance!

    Thanks for the review x

    Talia // Floral Anchors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitty approved! I have this same issue with my dog

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's too bad that everything wasn't great! I would still like to try some of these, though ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when a good honest review is done - such a shame about the body mist as this is probably the one I would go for th most - defo a good Instagram prop! I will be trying out the body shower gel after reading this though as you really can't go wrong with that pricing! Great post x

    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The packaging for this is so cute. I love it. Definitely going to give the shower gel a try now!

    Lovely post!
    Megan does beauty
    http://megandoesbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post! Thanks for the reviews babe, can't wait to try some of the new products :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will def be having a look when I'm in super drug! :) not sure I would buy but I am secretly a Zoella fan!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great honest review Jem! Shame about the body mist because just from photos, it's what appealed to me the most!

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha, aww, Luna is too adorable! I've actually heard a lot of mixed reactions to Zoella's line and yours is the first I've seen with a slightly more positive edge; that's interesting. The packaging is definitely super adorable, and I'd love to try the lip balm, but I'm a little touchy with smells, haha. Great review, Jemma!

    May • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't get over how cute that packaging is. Definitely will grab attention! I would have expected these to smell ultra fruity lol I love the cat in the pictures XD

    ReplyDelete
  24. They do look very pretty, but her original line did too. I need to give these a sniff asap.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful images. Love the sound of the shower foam, and I agree I love the packaging - especially for the fragrance x

    www/ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. the packaging is so cute! Great review

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great review! Scent is a big thing for me, especially when it's one of the selling points, so sounds like I'd be disappointed too. Though to be honest the range doesn't really interest me much anyway xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. the packaging looks amazing! not sure about trying most of the range but would probably try the shower gel :)

    Fruity Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  29. a Shame about the perfume, it looks so pretty! I'll definitely look out for this range-super cheap and doesn't look too bad!

    http://elleandfoxblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your kitty! It has my heart <3 <3 <3 I know this sounds odd, but I find it so inspiring that youtubers can create their own makeup line or write their own books! Zoella's products do look really nice though---but how perfect would that be if that perfume be if it smelled more fruity!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your reviews are so helpful! I tried the lip balm and I didn't really rate it that much.
    megangoodier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Damn, shame about the spritz! When I first saw the range that was the packaging that stuck out most to me too, very instagramable indeed haha!
    I like the sound of the body scrub, just because I find a lot of body scrubs too harsh for my skin, but I suppose you're right about it being made for a younger audience, hence it being a bit more gentle. Do you know if it's sugar or salt based?
    I have the Kissy Missy lip balms and I actually really like the scent on it! But then again I really love that tacky lippy smell haha, oops?
    Very honest and insightful post sweetie, Loved it! xx

    PS, Luna is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've never tried any of her beauty range- it has always seemed a bit cheap and 'young' for me. I get that it appeals to a certain demographic though. It's interesting reading this review as I'm kind of tempted to try some things out...especially the body wash xx Sophie / www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.