The Hair Tag

If there ever was a tag MADE for me, it'd be this one. It's like the gorgeous Amy from Von Dork perfected this tag and made it just for me, haha! When I seen this on her blog, and seen I was tagged no less, I was super excited. I have had so many different hair colours/styles in the past, some good, some bad. I'm here to share the tales of my tresses, lets go!..


What is your natural hair colour? 
Mousey brown. Very boring, wishy washy.


What colour is your hair currently?
It's like a golden brown. The below photo was taken like 2/3 weeks ago, and it's a shade or two lighter than this now, and no more red tones. I'm in the process of lightening it a lot, but gradually. I want pastel pink/lilac hair ^__^



What hair colour would you love to have?
As I say a very light pink/lilac. Something like this, but with pink too..



What is your everyday hair style?
I've just stopped straightening it on a daily basis. It's not helping it grow and so I'm keeping it to my natural waves, maybe with a braid or pinning some back to tame the waves. Sometimes a messy bun. I want long locks goddammit! 


How often do you dye your hair?
Well right now its often because I'm gradually making it lighter all the time. So like every 2 weeks. But once I get the colour I like it's once a month or so. But at least I'm not bleaching the hell out of it all in once go, like I used to. I've wrecked my hair many times...


Is there a hair style you would love to have, but can't do?
I haven't mastered a fishtail braid, and I'd love that. I just don't get how people do that without help! Also I can do nice soft waves in my hair, but it never stays for long - my hair goes limp and then neither straight or a 'good' wavy haha.


Honestly, how often do you visit the hairdressers?
Only like every 2 months, maybe 3. I'm really trying to grow it so I only get a small trim when I really have to give in lol.


What's the worst hair style you ever had?
Ughh, in school very young it was stylish to have your hair all completely slicked back into a ponytail really tight. I looked awful. Even now if I have a ponytail, I make it loose/messy and have a side fringe. It softens the look, which I need.


Any hair disasters?
I bleached my hair too much at one point, and the ends were ruined. But hey! I loved my pink hair!



Over your various years of having hair.. What are the biggest things you've learned about hair care?
Less heat! Less bleach! Give your hair different styles, don't rely on straighteners. Also, brown hair dye will ALWAYS turn out darker than on the box. So if you want a medium brown? Buy a light one. Haha. Otherwise you will have black hair. Personally I'm pretty laid back with colours. If a colour turns out completely wrong, most of the time I'm still like, 'Oh ok, cool.' Like when my hair was orange. I still didn't mind.


Any shampoos and conditioners you swear by?
I pretty much love Aussie products. I use Lush ones too every now and again as a 'treat' lol.


Anything you regret?
Definitely not any colour I've had. I love crazy colours and they were all awesome while I had them. But not avoiding heat on my hair was a mistake! I wish I'd not felt I had to have poker straight hair. And I wish I'd used more hair masks!


How do you keep your hair happy and healthy?
Hardly any heat these days! Let it dry naturally, or only use the cold air setting on my hairdryer. Don't use straighteners unless I have to, even then use heat protecting products. Use lovely serums, and give it lots of moisture!


So yeah, as you can see I've had lots of colours and I'm pretty damn sure that my brown 'normal' hair right now wont last long. I have my eyes on you pink/lilac hair!...


Hope you guys liked this post or at least learned from me to look after your hair haha!
I nominate.. well, anyone who fancies taking this tag! I wanna know all about your hair history!



post signature

8 comments

  1. You've had so many different hairstyles/shades but they all suit you! Think lilac would love gorgeous on you, I love the really pastel hair trends lately x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks miss! I've had my fair share of disasters, but I'm so chilled out about my hair (probably more than I should be!) that I just go with the flow lol x

      Delete
  2. Wow you hair has been some great colours, I love the bright red and always wanted that colour :)

    Pam @ Pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at all the colors you've had! I have never dyed my hair a bright color before... I would love to though... I want to have the bottom of my hair purple or maybe even lavender... maybe one day :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it fair that you suit like every hair colour?! ha
    Dead interesting tag...would of done it myself if I had photos of younger me - I've been a serial hair dyer too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you suit every hair colour :D
    I have dyed my hair so many colours, its dark red at the moment but I am naturally blonde haha.

    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colours on you. They all suit you so well. I'd love to have blue hair, I'm in the middle of debating it sort of, so hopefully! Mainly I've always dyed my hair browns, red and I have dipped dyed it blue once and I loved that.

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO many different colours. The most I've done is varying shades of brown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.