Autumn Makeup






With those sunny days becoming fewer and further between, it's time to start considering your Autumn makeup. If you are anything like me, you'll be excited at the chance to reach for those plum lipsticks, perfecting those smokey eyes and darker nails. Not that you have to of course, if you want bright yellow nails, sweet pink lips and flowers in your hair then go for it! But personally I love changing my makeup with the seasons, as it gives me a chance to experiment and pushes me to use makeup products I might otherwise overlook.

My hair and makeup will represent a cosy, warm evening by the fire with a book (in my head). I want soft, natural hair framing my face, dark eyes and a lipstick that gives a sultry look. Not much to ask for is it?

My recent love more than anything is plum lips. I feel so relieved that it suits me and I love how it looks day or night. I've been using MUA lipstick in Shade 2, which you can read about here.


Will you be trying a different makeup look for Autumn/Winter?

post signature

16 comments

  1. yes! I'm so excited for autumn - vamped up makeup and oversized coats! I love Rimmels' Apocalips - I'm lusting over the Meteorite Matte and Eclipse at the moment!

    Shanna | http://www.mycurvesandlashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to try the vampy look for a bit hehe! xx

      Delete
  2. Your new autumn routine for getting ready sounds exciting. Looking forward to seeing some of those looks on here :) I need inspiration when it comes to dark lips but I'm slowly getting there (I hope) haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about trial and error! I've only just found a darker purple/plum shade that suits me (I think) and I feel good in :) Keep going haha. Thanks for stopping by lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm excited to buy some new purple lipsticks and dark eyeshadows ready for autumn!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! It's a nice change of pace if you're keen to try new things! :D xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for autumn, plum lips, darker shade of hair, hats, knits, coloured tights and boots, so over excited for this (now if this heat would pass...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasha you've hit the nail right on the head for me. I love Autumn/Winter for all these reasons and more! Autumn is the best time of year in my opinion and I'm so happy it's here (sort of!). xx

      Delete
  5. Love your selection for autumn! I am so excited for a dark shade for a lip color!!

    -Brittany
    www.homesweetpittsburgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just written a blog post on my make up choices for the autumn season. I love the deep browns and oranges.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fab! It's so lovely to experiment, is that lame of me? haha! I want the deep reds, plums and smokey browns myself xx

      Delete
  7. I plan on trying a different makeup and wardrobe look for autumn! Im excited about it, but my wallet not so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect selection! I love autumn makeup I will be wearing purple and red lipsticks and more silver and gold eyeshadows :D
    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going for more high coverage foundations, just purchased Double Wear myself & wear some smokier eye makeup.
    nlmorgan, lifestyle & beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love going into the darker nails and lips at this time of year :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.