MUA Lipsticks



As I'm only just beginning to explore MUA lip products (I've usually stuck to their shadows, concealers etc) I thought I'd let you all know what I make of them as I go along. And I can happily see me making my way through them all, as they're so cheap! You can never have enough lipsticks :)

So far I have two moisturising lipsticks and one matte. I've not really been very attracted to matte lips before, as I tend to have dry lips and this doesn't help much. But hey ho, give it a go!

Left - Shade 3, Middle - Peachy Keen (Matte), Right - Shade 2.

Left - Shade 3, Middle - Peachy Keen (Matte), Right - Shade 2.


I am always more likely to go for reds when choosing lip colours, even though I don't wear them on a daily basis. I save those powerful pouts for special evenings usually, but I can't resist them! There's something about a great red lip that always makes me feel really womanly and strong. Anyone else? No?.. Okay. Therefore when you look through my lipstick collection you will see lots of different varieties of red. Pinkish reds, blue toned reds, plum reds, coral reds.. So really you can't blame me for these three MUA picks to be heavily red based.


The first, the creatively named Shade 3 (snooze..) is a like a deep pink/red and a pleasure to wear. Still a hint of delicate 'girlyness' for me to pass off in daytime if I wish. Great formula, oh so soft and easy to apply. Although I realise you wouldn't think so from that photo above.



Secondly, we have the much more aptly named Peachy Keen. Now this is the Matte one of the bunch. And while I love the coral tone, I'm just not sure I love this formula. In fact I know I don't. Look how bad it looks on my lips! Now, I'm not slagging off this poor little matte. It really doesn't help that my lips are naturally dry. When I popped some vaseline over this lipstick, the colour looked gorgeous! But that's defying the point of a matte lippy then isn't it? Sorry to say I'll be straying away from matte lipsticks for a while.



Last but not least we have Shade 2. This is the plum coloured red and oh my gosh I have to tell you guys I love it. Again it applies lovely and feels so smooth and soft on my lips, but the colour is just the bees knees for me! I've wanted to experiment with more plum/darker tones for Autumn/Winter and I think this is the first I've found which looks nice on me and I feel comfortable wearing. Also, it lasted a few hours on me which is quite impressive (for me).

The final plum shade is easily the winner for me. I'll definitely be experimenting with darker shades for this Autumn, and I can see me replacing this MUA one as soon as I've ran out because I've fallen for it so much!


What do you lovelies think? Have you tried any of MUA's lipsticks yet? What are your faves?

Also, thanks for popping by!


post signature

13 comments

  1. I have to say shade 2 the plum colour is definetly my favourite! I also have to stay away from matte lipsticks as they just don't look good on my dry lips at all x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove the plum! And I do think plum looks great on a whole range of skin colours too which is great! :) x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours! Shade 2 is my favourite too - going to have to make a trip to the mua stand soon :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot. co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first colour is absolutely gorgeous! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/mac-prep-and-prime-bb-beauty-balm.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 of these shades are SO pretty!
    I have the same issue with matte formulas, but have found a few that don't dry out lips. I love the Revlon matte balms & apparently the new Rimmel matte Apocalips are fab! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks for the tip! I'll give those a try ^_^ xx

      Delete
  5. Love the shade 2. Haven't tried any of their lipsticks but I think I might now :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own 2 MUA lipsticks, and I have to say for the cheap price they are quite alright quality.
    My favourite is 'Wild Berry' and it's a kind of pinky-purple shade :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shade 2 is absolutely gorgeous! I am a sucker for red lipsticks too, mine are all pretty much variations of red. They do make you feel womanly and powerful! I will have a look into the MUA lipsticks - I want to try their lip lacquers too! xx

    jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the matte shade!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a shame, I love the matte collection from MUA, they are drying like you said but this actually pushed me to taking better care on my lips and now they are perfect to wear :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the peachy keen matte shade a few weeks ago and I found it to be really drying too which was disappointing :( xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.