Thoughts & Goals

We're coming to the end of September, already.


I have no idea where this year has gone. It doesn't feel so long ago that we brought in the New Year, or I had my birthday. But here we are, the last part of the year seeping in. As this time draws in, I've been thinking about small goals for these last three months and what I'd like to achieve. I'm not necessarily talking about the big goals, just the little daily/weekly ones we think of as we go along.

You see I'm a great fan of a to-do list. I have one for every single day, which I realise makes me sound robotic and boring. It really works well for me though. Having a small (even simple) to-do list makes me feel a little better and more accomplished. It helps me remember the important and the not so important things, and it brings me a sense of calm. Even if I just write a list of house chores, blog post ideas or things I can do that make me happy; I write them and I feel much better. Call me weird.

So my daily hopes, thoughts and to-do lists are always on the forefront on my mind anyway. It isn't hard to understand then why I've started thinking about what I'd like to achieve in these next three months before we bring in the New Year again. 
I'd like to share these hopes with you.

*I want to finish my reading challenge before the year is up.
*I want to carve my first pumpkin.
*I want to walk, run, or be active everyday.
*I want to learn a new recipe and blog about trying it.
* I want to design my next big tattoo.
*I want to drink more water.
*I want to be more involved with my family.
*Buy my Christmas presents early.
*I also want to make a lot of my Christmas presents.
*I want to have adventures with Gary.
*I want to make friends in my new job.
*I want to save whatever I can for moving after New Year.
*I want to arrange a day out with a distant friend.
*I want to be panic attack free.
*I want to be creative on a regular basis.
*I want to discover somewhere new.


What will you guys be doing/planning before the year is up? :)
post signature

16 comments

  1. i love this post! i hope you do manage to become panic attack free! i used to suffer so badly and now it probably only happens around once a month! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/my-day-at-london-fashion-week.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't weird, I do the same thing! (Unless that makes us both weird... Which I'm okay with.) for some reason seeing everything I have to do written down on paper makes me feel much better and less anxious! I also need to drink more water... Gosh I barely drink any, it's so bad :(

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I tried drinking only water today, which is great but Im still not having enough!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Yaaaaay! I love lists!!! And also yaaay for carving a pumpkin!! And yaay for making xmas presents! I like to make a lot too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im excited to carve my first pumpkin haha! xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely idea! I really want to hit 1000 views and at least 10 followers on my blog before the year is up :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love posts like this one, personally I hate fall/winter, but what can I do?
    I told myself to drink more water, but it never works xx

    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post! I am with you on most of the points you made so I think it's time I took a leaf out of your book and made a list like tis for myself, to give me some motivation x

    www.beautywithcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to butt in, but the way I see it is, if you share your to-do list with others - your'e more likely to do it! :)

      Delete
  7. I am a to-do list fiend!!! hahahaha x
    http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jemma, I am really glad that I found your blog recently. I can't agree with you more. Where has the last year been? It's my birthday soon again and before we realise it's Christmas. My 'challenge' is to lose at least another stone until Christmas and keep it off.

    German Girl in London

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to-do lists! I go on Listography to do mine or use random paper around! Thanks for reminding me that it's better to get Christmas presents early before the madness. Hope you get all on your list done. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking more water... I said that to myself months ago and I failed.. Should try it again :)
    Great list! http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post once again Jemma :) I dont think lists are strange - I think it would probably be more strange to meet a blogger who didnt list something! I love the idea of giving myself goals to achieve by the end of the year - some end of year motivation! :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to get through this year of college! Lovely post!
    Ffion
    Www.asouthwalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.