Malinki HD Brows

Hello my lovelies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and you're all ready for the week ahead bright eyed and bushy tailed. Speaking of bushes (don't..), I'm so excited to share my recent eyebrow adventures with you all! Yes, eyebrow adventures, that's right.

You know those girls who have just perfect eyebrows, beautifully arched, natural looking & just pretty splendid? Well I've honestly lusted after girls like this for the longest time, seriously. I mean, with eyebrows like that, they obviously have their whole life put together don't they? They're the type of girls who always look stylish, who are beautiful without makeup, who never spill anything, and who understand taxes and other grown up things. Those be boss bitches, and I want a piece of that. Sadly, as soon as I looked in the mirror and studied my own eyebrows, I was always left a little disheartened. For someone who is naturally brown haired; I have super light brows, and really thin. Non existent is a better description to be honest. If I ever took my makeup completely off, it looked like I literally had none. So I've always been hunting for the best pencils, powders, kits to help me look a little more normal. And every morning I'd try my best to fill them in without reaching the level of 'Scouse brow' - eek. This was the only part of my beauty routine I really hated. I thoroughly enjoy applying my makeup and transforming my face, it's such a great way to feel powerful and pretty if I need it. But my brows? Ughh, I'll happily pay someone to do them for me.

Enter Malinki.

Malinki is situated on Rodney Street in Liverpool, and is just a little bit swanky; without making you feel out of place. Maybe it's just me and my bright green hair/awkward personality that feels like this in many beauty places, but I always worry about going somewhere new like this. I worry that I'll feel like I shouldn't be there (god knows why) and that I'll be judged. Because let's face it, some place ARE like that, and it doesn't help my social anxiety. Anyway, we (I brought a friend for support!) got buzzed into the building and made our way up to the top floor and introduced to Frances; the absolute sweetheart who was to take care of my brows. I immediately felt more comfortable than I expected, as we were in a small room getting them done. Much better than a huge open place where everyone is getting different things done, and all listening into each others gossip as you do.


I sat down, got comfortable, and then had a chat with Frances about what I was hoping for. I warned her I didn't have much for her to work with, and when she cleaned off my brow powder she got a good look at what I meant. I explained I didn't expect miracles since they were so thin and light, but anything that made them a little more defined would be brilliant. She explained everything she was doing, asked about the exact shade I wanted and offered brilliant advice which I really appreciated. Honestly, I was clueless and she was beyond lovely. The only job I had to do then was sit back, and let her work her magic. She proceeded to wax away strays (did not hurt one bit!), create a better brow shape for me, and tint them to a much better suited shade for my face. It's at this point she would use your hair colour as a good factor in deciding the shade for your brows, but since my hair is green; that didn't really come into it. The best part of this was that she kept wiping away the tint so I could see what shade they were at, and we could decide if we wanted to go darker or not. So it was a gradual process with regular checks, which meant I knew exactly how they were turning out - Not a Scouse Brow in sight!

When I was all done, I finally got to see the finished result. So here we go, the before & after photo we've all been waiting for...



I'm sure you can all see now what I mean about having Casper-like eyebrows. But yay for getting this fixed! Apologies for the crappy photographs, but I've had a few camera issues this week. Hopefully you can see the massive difference this session has made to me already. I plan on just leaving my eyebrows completely alone, letting them grow however I can, and visiting Fran again in a few weeks time. I will happily pay for this every few weeks just to make myself feel a little more groomed and special. Even now, when I'm sat here writing this at night with not a scrap of makeup on; I feel so much prettier. I have an arch and shape to my eyebrows, and they are clearly visible without any brow powder in sight. I couldn't be happier! I feel less naked, if that makes sense?


I know some of you are blessed with naturally beautiful brows, but if you are someone who would like them a little more defined, or shaped a little better; then I definitely recommend you go to Malinki (if you're in the North West!). I'm not the type of girl who usually indulges in various beauty treatments, but I really wanted to share this experience with you guys because I was SO happy with the result. I also wanted to feel a little better about myself for those days going makeup free. Confidence should come from within, but sometimes a little treat like this helps massively. And for only £25? Bargain!


If you're interested in giving your brows a little extra love, then you can get in touch with Frances on Twitter, Facebook or the Malinki website. Also in case some of you are wondering, I've not been paid or sponsored at all to write this post, I just genuinely had a wonderful experience and wanted to thank Frances for helping me look and feel a little bit better! It's hard to find such lovely beauticians who really listen to you, and make you feel good.



*Image courtesy of Malinki



You can find more photos of me being a little poser, all confident with my new brows here and here ;) Have a great day everyone!

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

12 comments

  1. Ooo your eyebrows look amazing! And the place looks really posh too! And i so agree with you sometimes you do need a pick me up to feel and look good, i also feel so refreshed when i get my brows done too! Great post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you hunnie, I'm SO happy with them! It made me feel so much better! xx

      Delete
  2. Your brows are fab!! :D I've been wanting to get HD Brows done for ages but haven't found anywhere that does them well enough, I think i'll have to give here a try x
    www.seemenotcp.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah it was SO FAB!! I was so grateful to Frances for being so lovely to me, and putting me at ease! Thoroughly recommend them xx

      Delete
    2. Oo I'm definitely giving them a try xx

      Delete
  3. Wow your brows look so good, the results are fab! My sister gets her brows HD'd as she has fine blonde hair, but mine are darker and thicker so I've never felt the need. Looks so good though! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so lucky!! I wish I had naturally thicker, darker ones to work with! Ahh well, at least I've found a way to sort them haha :D xx

      Delete
  4. Your brows look incredible, I've always wanted to try HD brows but there isn't anywhere near me that do them! The photographs look lovely by the way :) also can I have your eyebrows please? :D

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Yours are already perfect! ;) Its a huge improvement for me though hehe xx

      Delete
  5. Oooh getting your brows done is like an instant confidence boost! It looks amazing. I didn't know they could tint it if you didn't have much hair to work with. That would have saved my mornings drawing those on lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your brows look wonderful! I totally need to take better care of mine ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jemma, Your eyebrows look AMAZING Hun worth every penny :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.