Yves Saint Laurent Very YSL Palette

YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup
There are two sides to me when it comes to makeup; there's the colourful kawaii girl who loves nothing more than pastel pinks, baby blues and plenty of glitter - usually a girly daytime favourite. Then there's the nighttime side to me that wants nothing more than a great smoky eye and a bold lip, to give that sophisticated vamp effect. Well, that's always the plan. Usually I end up looking like I've been thumped in the eye, but the less spoken of that the better.
Keeping this in mind, when I was offered the chance to order something of my choice from the Direct Cosmetics* website, I tried to find something that would appeal to both sides of me. To tell you the truth, I was quite surprised at how huge the range is on Direct Cosmetics, so I was spoiled for choice. Eventually I decided to go for this versatile and beautiful makeup palette from YSL. 
YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup


YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup

YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup
With four eyeshadows, two lip colours, a blusher/highlighter, three brushes and a mirror all compact into one pretty design; I couldn't resist. Plus, it's pink. Very important, obviously. I love how this palette has two darker shadows for smoky effects; a deep violet and a cashmere taupe/brown. And also two light pastel shades for brightening pops of colour; a cool lilac and sweet pink - both with subtle shimmer. It means I can use this palette for both night and day looks, or even mix and match the shades for a great blend. The pigmentation in these shadows is amazing, and I can see them lasting a long time.
YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup
YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup
As for the lip colours; the shades are fantastic, they have a great colour payoff and they lasted well. However, I am not a fan of applying lipstick with a brush, and so I cant see these getting used much. I just can't seem to apply lipstick accurately using a brush, so sadly these are the part of the palette I feel will be wasted on me.
YSL Yves Saint Laurent palette makeup
And finally we have the blusher/highlighter. This is probably my favourite part! A warm, peachy blush with just a tiny hint of shimmer; this is probably the most perfect blush I've found for my pale skin in a long time. I'm happy to use it as a highlighter too, because of the brightening shimmer that gives a beautiful effect. I only needed a small amount on my brush when applying this, and felt just a little bit more like a goddess afterwards. Woohoo!
Overall, pretty happy with this palette from YSL. It's compact and multi-functional nature means it's fab for popping in my handbag before I go out. And it looks pretty swanky too to be honest, a nice added bonus.
Have you ever tried any products from Direct Cosmetics?
*Post in collaboration with Direct Cosmetics

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

6 comments

  1. Oooo this looks sooo pretty! Perfect for summer time! Xxx great post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely. Love those shades of pink. Great palette.

    Georgie
    xoxo

    TheLipstickDaily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the darker purple shade.
    Rubi | Instagram | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't purchased anything from Direct Cosmetics.
    This palette seems like a really good item to take travelling when you don't know what else to take. :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! All of the colours are so pretty ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a gorgeous palette! Not tried any YSL products...yet! Great post!!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.