Week In Review


I apologise for this being a photo heavy post, but I took quite a few snaps I wanted to share over the past week. It's been one of ups and downs to be honest. But mostly ups, so we'll concentrate on the good stuff and hopefully encourage more of it :)

On Tuesday I had the day off with Gary (for once!) and we thought we'd make the most of it. We went out for morning drinks at a local Central Perk 'Friends' themed coffee shop and enjoyed the cosy sofas, constant Friends episodes being played, and a quiet and chilled atmosphere. It's not too far from where we live, and I have a feeling it'll be our new 'spot' as it's so chilled in there. I love coffee shops and cute cafes but they're usually so busy in town! This place however, in the mornings can be an isolated little gem.. before the local students wake up ;)











Next stop in the afternoon was popping into Waterstones. We had recently bought Jon Ronson's new book 'So You've Been Publicly Shamed' and heard he was visiting Liverpool to do a book signing; yay! I'm a huge fan of his books, and Gary even more so than me. I thoroughly recommend you give them a try. After waiting in line about 20 minutes (shorter than I expected!) we finally met the man himself, and he was so lovely and chatty! He spoke about the new book, we expressed our love for his TED talks that he's done and he mentioned he'll be doing more too which pleased me a lot! Then it was time for photos, ..please ignore me looking like a moose. I genuinely didn't plan to be in a photo that day but I couldn't not!

 

Perhaps the most exciting thing to happen this week though, was the confirmation of our new little kitten that we'll be getting in a few weeks! We are over the moon to finally have a little kitty join our family, since we've wanted one for a long time. Right now he's too little to leave his mummy cat, so we'll have him in about 3/4 weeks. I'm sure I'll have plenty of photographs then for you all!

And finally the last AMAZING this to happen this week was the blog event I've been looking forward to for months and months! A group of twenty something Liverpool bloggers all gathered for a day of giggles, goody bags, raffles and drinks; it all went down very well! I wont share photos as I'll be doing a whole post on it soon; and it's going to be a great one!

And there we have it, that's been my week. It obviously seems like an awesome one, but as I mentioned at the start of this post there were down times unfortunately. Nothing too bad, but I like to point out that as bloggers (or anyone sharing their life on social media!) we usually edit these bad parts out, and life can look very perfect; when in fact it's far from it. The important thing is to concentrate on the good though!

So I wish you all a great upcoming week, I plan on relaxing as I'm off work! And happy mothers day to any mums out there :) Spoil yourselves girls.

Much love xo



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

13 comments

  1. Great post and lovely photos J. I went to my first Cambridge blog event last week too, my write up's here if you fancy checking it out: www.thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and lovely photos J. I went to my first Cambridge blog event last week too, my write up's here if you fancy checking it out: www.thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week to me! Loving the friends themed cafe, will have to put that on my list of places to go. Also...kitten!! Yay!! I can't wait to see lots of pics of him and all the cuteness!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Jemma. Happy for you that you'll adopt a kitten. Hope to see a pictures of it in a few weeks time :) It's always a great feeling when you can meet the author of your favourite books. I met a few during my volunteering time at Cheltenham Literature Festival. If I can choose meeting Mary Berry, Michael Morpurgo and J. K. Rowling were the most magical ones. Hope to speak soon xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and pictures! That cafe looks soo pretty and especially the blue print of the friends apartment! Soo cool! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo and it's so great you got to meet the author! Lao loving the Friends cafe! Where is that at? Would love to visit. Can't wait to see photos of your kitty! Sorry to hear the beginning of the week was a downer but at least it finished on a high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :o I love that Friends themed place! Thanks for sharing :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a pretty good week, I hope the down times weren't too bad! I love that Friend's themed cafe! :) x

    www.lilliputianrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos! I hope that next week is great for you ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking cafe. I bet it's crowded at the weekend. Your right about editing out bad. Facebook also has affect of making you think your friends lives are perfect. Better remember it's rose tinted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Central Perk café is a definitely a place I will be re-visiting, such a lovely atmosphere x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A kitty sounds super exciting!! Can't wait to see the photos.

    I love the sound of that cafe, it looks really peaceful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous you have a Central Perk!! It sounds awesome! (and I love that the photo you took with the tv on, is the episode where Rachel's in labour! Hahaha)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.