Easter Treats



As if I needed another excuse to indulge in some yummy treats, it's almost Easter! Next week means we're all going to be surrounded by chocolate (probably, if you do this sort of thing) and enjoying a long weekend to do with what we please. I decided to get started early and make some Easter cupcakes, making a total mess of my kitchen as usual.

I followed this recipe for simple vanilla cupcakes, and bought ready made purple icing (lazy I know) to decorate with. Then I added some mini eggs on top and edible silver balls to make the whole thing pretty :)

They turned out so yummy, and they were so super easy to make; I definitely recommend you all give them a try. I'll probably be making another batch this weekend with pink icing and more pretty decorations.

Will you be making any Easter treats for next weekend? Let me know!




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

15 comments

  1. Yum yum! I fancy making some Easter goodies this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum i love cake, I have never tried ready made icing though - is it good? I made some easter cupcakes on my blog too xx

    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so cute. My favourite part of Easter has to be easter nests (aka cornflake cakes with mini eggs).
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy Jem! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!!! I made some chick shaped gingerbread the other day :) Going to make some Easter egg shaped cookies for next weekend I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo they look delish!!! I have an array of Easter eggs i cannot wait to dive in to! and i will definitely try these as i lllooooovvvveee cakes!! Great Post Jemma! xxxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cakes look lovely Jemma. I have just made Crème Egg Brownies and Easter Biscuits which I will post on my blog tonight. (www.aviewtothefells.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind a few of these with my cuppa! So cute ^^

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. these cakes look lovely! I think I will make some cake over the weekend :)

    Melissa || www.melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so cute and yummy! Thank you for sharing ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look soo yum! Xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so yummy! I really need to make some cakes this year or at least do something a bit creative as I've neglected being crafty around Easter so this has inspired me! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so cute and absolutely delicious. I probably won't be making anything for easter as I have made so many cupcakes lately. These are perfect though, a simple recipe and easy enough to decorate.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah I love the purple icing!! It looks awesome! Did it taste nice? I don't usually trust ready made icings as the ones I've tried haven't been very good. Last two weekends I've been on a baking spree but I didn't decorate my cake or cookies half as nice as yours!

    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.