Lush Easter Treat


While browsing around Lush recently in a haze of wonderful scents and pretty colours, I decided to add to my bath bomb collection. I'm definitely a shower girl day to day, but who can resist the temptation of indulging in an evening of relaxation, luxury and pampering yourself every now and again?

Lush have their Easter range out now in stores, and oh my; everything is beyond beautiful. I decided to treat myself to Hoppity Poppity, an adorable bunny shaped bath bomb promising to bring some sweetness to my evening bath. Fantastically fizzy, with hints of lime and violet, and popping candy to boot. Yes, popping candy.


Next up I decided to try Space Girl which has been out for a while but I've never tried to before and I figured now was the time. The whole thing appeals to me massively; from it's planet shape, to the glitter, to the name. Space girl? I want that name. This little beauty has a fruity fragrance and promises a refreshing, uplifting, cheery experience. 

So both of these bath bombs are beyond beautiful to look at and sniff if you're even remotely near them; but how did they do ultimately? Well, I'm a mixed bag on this one. And you might be surprised.
Hoppity Poppity is the cutest thing I ever did see, and really did fizz away nicely in my tub. The popping candy kicked in and it all seemed to be off to a great start. However, it was actually a bit of a let down. It turned my bath water a light, subtle pink; nothing to get excited about which was a shame. I've seen a more impressive hue just washing my own hair. It smelled nice enough, but I'll be honest; after the initial fizzing and popping it didn't even feel I had much difference in the water. I think this little guy is a lovely treat when you want a little celebration for a moment, but after that? I'd add in another bomb.

And then a few nights later, I tried Space Girl. I'd felt a little disappointed by Hoppity, so didn't expect much here. However when I popped this jazzy little number into my tub, I squealed with surprised. It immediately flourished into a froth of reddish/purple bubbles, and my senses exploded from the sweet and fruity scents overtaking me. I fell utterly in love with Space girl, and spent as long as possible in my tub, before I had to admit I was turning wrinkly. 

So what do you guys think? I've tried a brand new one and an old one, and personally I found the older to be the better. Have you tried either of these?




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

15 comments

  1. Great post! I absolutely love Space Girl too, it smells just like sweets to me and turns the bath such a nice colour!! Such a shame about Hoppity Poppity! :(

    Rachel | beautyandthebird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a shower-kinda guy too but I love the odd bath now and then! I really want to get my hands on some of their Easter range but I'm trying to save to pay of my credit card :P

    John ¦ Shout John

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely but as I don't have a bath (or like to take them) I will take your word for it, love the names they come up with though :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that easter bunny looks so cute! And also sounds lovely too :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoppity Poppity is so adorable! I think I'd take your advice and combine it with another bath bomb too for an extra treat :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny is soo cute! Definitely need that for an Easter bath :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | Bella & Bear Pro Makeup Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tempted to go into lush this weekend now and get some goodies for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to hit up Lush and pamper myself. The hubby being deployed is taking a toll.

    Love that bunny!

    Triskele Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of Space Girl! x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried Hoppity Poppity and was expecting more too! But it does look lovely!
    Never tried space girl yet but I probably will in future haha! Just love lush always go every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww such a shame that Hoppity Poppity didn't live up to expectations as it's so cute! Hopefully they may re-think the formula for next year xx

    www.kirstytlks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, space girl sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going to have to try it ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try Space Girl, but am worried it will stain my bath...

    http://meg-siobhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely and informative read! I really like your use of the word hue :) I haven't tried much from Lush, though I have tried Space Girl and it's one of my favourites! I love the whole parma violent appeal to it! XX

    MollyRose, x x x「mori-ro-zu.blogspot.co.uk」

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never tried the first, but gosh I really didn't like Space Girl! It never did anything for me apart from turn my bath a light purple, the smell wore off SO quickly too. Strange! Maybe I just got a bad one who knows :P
    Hannah x

    hannahdelacour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.