Four Ways To Use Polaroid Photos

polaroid photographs

Polaroid photographs DIY

Polaroid photographs DIY
Today I shared a little creative guest post on Erica's blog, and I was so happy with the outcome I wanted to post it here too for you guys. Have you ever fancied doing something a little different with your photographs? If so, keep reading!...

With Instagram fast becoming our generation's version of a photo album, it's not surprising that many of us have taken to getting our Instagram photographs printed, or even enjoying Polaroid cameras for the pleasure of seeing your work instantly. I'm not one of the fortunate people to own an Instax camera yet (*cry*), however I came across Polargram recently and I'm happy to say it's almost as good as having one of those beautiful cameras.

Since I've been ordering batches of prints ever since, I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite ways to use them around the home. So forget Instagram (only for a moment!) and get creative with your images in a good old fashioned hands on DIY!


1. Hang them & use as bunting;
Is there anything as lovely and Pinterest as this? You can find pretty string and miniature pegs to hang them from easily enough; I got plenty in Wilkinsons. I find this works most beautifully when displayed over a desk or workspace.. maybe a dressing table? Somewhere you'll be sitting and can surround the area with pretty photographs. You could even stick to a 'theme' for different work spaces. Inspiring quotes hanging over your desk maybe? You can find an example of one I've tried here.


2. Make a gallery wall;
Similar to number 1, this one works best on display somewhere you'll see it often. But it can also be used to bring a little life to any plain wall. It's really important if you're going to be doing a grid or series of photographs you align them all perfectly straight! 

3. Use as handmade cards/postcards;
A little bit of glue, some card, cute washi tape and a stamp; done! The effort required here is minuscule, but the payoff is adorable. Send someone a little handmade card to cheer their day up, and you'll look ever so creative as well as thoughtful.



4. Book covers;
A random one? Maybe. But all you obsessive, organised types will love this. I use two or three on different notebooks at the moment for different things. You can see below I use one for my healthy habits notebook; full of recipes, healthy snack ideas and different work out ideas. I've popped a very pretty (albeit arty) looking banana photograph on the front and viola!; Easy to remember which notebook is for which. Plus, it just looks a little bit fantastic.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. 
What other ways can you think of to use Polaroids?


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

37 comments

  1. Such good ideas! I really need to find a way to present my Instax prints...maybe I'll just get a cute book as my arty-ness isn't very skilled at all!

    http://www.alittletwistof.co.vu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card idea!! SO cute! I need to get more of my Instagram photos printed asap! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I've just found an app for printing 4x4 pictures for my scrapbook/journal, I think I can probably use them in similar ways to your Polaroids!

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    M x
    @ www.melamora.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! You're so welcome lovely, thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. You've got some great ideas! I love the idea of turning the prints into cards, those would be so cute.
    I have an instax, and all my prints are on my wall, and they make a big diamond shape. The only problem is that when I take a new photo it throws the shape off!
    Rubi | Instagram | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to cover my walls with them, i love the simplicity of Polaroids, so cute
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG these are literally so effin' cute they make me want to throw up a rainbow! Those little pegs too arghh! I could die of cute overload. I'm on the Polargram website now. Did you browse for photos you liked and upload them to Instagram or did you photograph them all? I definitely want to give this a go!

    Neesha | Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg these are so cute !!
    I love the idea of the handmade card :)

    xCx
    http://christinapirate.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I love these ideas! I never thought of printing out instagram pics before, but it looks great! I love the idea of hanging them as bunting, that would be perfect for a birthday or a wedding!
    Emily xx
    Emily May Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such Great ideas. I have a board in my bedroom with some of my favourite photos but I really have to add to it :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I turned my polaroids into bunting using colourful butchers string and colourful mini pegs, but adding in Photo Booth strips, cards and anything else cute! There's a photo of it on my instagram @styleyourselfvintage
    Style Yourself Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are such cute little ideas! love this post ♥
    www.beautifulbreakable.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely ideas! I love Polaroids, they're so cute ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your ideas =] I really want a polaroid camera for my birthday haha

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great ideas! All of your pictures are so dreamy :D

    Meggan
    www.cardiganjezebel.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I actually did the notebook one with a blank notecard before with the washi tape and all and wrote over it but a polaroid would be way cuter! :)

    Coley
    coleysopinion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh, you have changed my life forever! what an awesome way to print instagram photos! So cheap as well! Thank you for amazing ideas and post :) xhttp://vanillalemons.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!!! Great ideas. Might try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw Jem I love the bunting idea! This is so cute, I really need to invest in a polaroid. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely ideas! Before I started my gallery wall in my living room, I had a whole bunch of Instagram pictures hung up with tiny pegs behind my couch. I've been trying to find something to do with them now that I don't have room for them on the wall. I'm thinking of starting up a scrapbook with my favourites, to embellish them in some way. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute!! I have a polaroid album but I much prefer to display mine in the bunting style. I haven't had any of my instagram snaps printed out yet, but since instax film IS SO DAMNED EXPENSIVE I think I might get a few done to pop around. Love the card idea most, I think <3

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great idea! I haven't had a polaroid camera in so long! I really want to decorate a wall with some pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh these are so cute, especially the idea of popping one on a card, it makes it so personal.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cuteness overload! I keep on meaning to check Polargram out! The cute looks so lovely, especially with the added tape :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are lovely! Where do you get the polaroids from?

    Young London

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such great ideas! And so cute! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brilliant blog!! So gonna do some of these. :)
    Kate XxX
    iihmakeupandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all these ideas. Totally gonna have to print some off now. Gonna totally help with redecorating my room
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVED THIS! Such cute ideas!! I'm feeling all creative and / or inspired now :} xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely loved this post! Super creative and beautiful photography :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this post! It makes me miss my Polaroid camera SO much... I cannae wait to have it back this summer! :) I've never tried to send a Polaroid as a postcard... hmmm... Going to have to try now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The book cover idea is amazing, it looks really cute! I don't have a polaroid camera, but I am debating ordering some from Polabox next pay day! :-)

    Kirsty Leanne xx
    www.justalittlebitginger.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love these ideas, I bought some snaps from polagram a couple of months ago and they are fab! Using them for scrap booking!!
    Franny xx

    http://frannysaysx.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.