DIY: Rainbow Nails





I'm so proud of my new nails! As many of you already know, I'm not the best when doing something that requires patience and a steady hand; as you can see from some slight smudges shown in the photographs. But I really did truly try this weekend to create something extra special for the week ahead. I've broken this down into a few steps for you guys, and trust me; if I can do this, you can too!

You will need;
4 Colourful shades of nail varnish.
1 White nail varnish.
1 Top coat nail varnish.
1 Roll of washi tape.
1 Toothpick/or White nail pen



1. Select the colours you would like to use to make up your rainbow.
2. Start by using the washi tape to cover each nail, leaving only one 'stripe' of nail still visible.
3. Fill in this stripe with one of your chosen colours.
4. Wait for this to dry, then remove the tape.
5. Reapply more washi tape, this time leaving another stripe of nail visible.
6. Carefully apply another stripe of a different colour.
7. Repeat until nails are completely filled with colours and dry, then apply the top coat to seal.
8. Use a nail art pen or a toothpick to draw on your clouds at the base of your nail.
9. Wait to dry, and then apply another top coat.
10. Tidy up all edges, and viola! You have a set of beautiful rainbow nails :]

I hope you guys enjoy this little DIY, let me know what you think or if you'll be trying this one ut yourselves! :] Have a great week!




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

41 comments

  1. These are soooo gorgeous, (and very you!) I have the patience of a five year old when it comes to doing anything fiddly so hats off to you! Great job xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are quite 'me' aren't they?! ^__^ Aww thanks lovely, I know I don't usually have the patience myself tbh! xx

      Delete
  2. I really love this DIY ! Thanks for sharing ! I can't wait to try these ASAP ! :D
    x
    Oihana
    http://oihanasymphony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that Oihana ! And what a beautiful name by the way :D xx

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with this! Such a cute design, give me your talents xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Eep, thanks lovely! Hope you have a nice day ^__^

      Delete
  5. This design is amazing! It's not very often I have patience when doing my nails but your nails look lovely :)

    elwillmer.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you gorgeous! I think I seen this on Pinterest a long time ago and have been obsessed ever since over trying it! Glad I finally did ^__^ xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm obsessed with doing my nails so can't wait to try these!
    www.seemenotcp.wordpress.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks Michelle, let me know if you do! xx

      Delete
  8. Wow those nails are lovely and such a good idea. I am rubbish at doing my nails but I might give this a go :)

    Pams Stuff and Things
    LORAC PRO Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe good luck! I will admit it took me a long time with lots of patience haha :D xx

      Delete
  9. So kawaii <3 Love these! So simple to do too! ^^

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything Kawaii so these are really 'me' haha! x

      Delete
  10. This is so cute! I don't usually do nail art on myself, but I have a friend who is a big fan and I'll be forwarding this on to her! Have a happy week, Jemma!

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks KAthryn, that's so sweet! Hope you're having a nice week! xx

      Delete
  11. this is actually very cute!

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love all the pretty colors you used :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I wanted something pastel-y haha. Hope you have a lovely week! x

      Delete
  13. These are so cute, I love them but unfortunately I would never have the patience! Fair play to you :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha totally understand what you mean Alina! <3 Haha. I doubt I'll do them often.. haha. Hope you're doing well lovely! Thanks so much for popping by, I appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  14. This looks gorgeous, I'll definitely be trying it out, I love nail art! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your nails are so pretty but I would totally make a mess of that!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it was very hard for me to keep it neat lol :D xxx

      Delete
  16. These look gorgeous and the colours go so well together. This rainbow look reminds me of the colours on the new lush unicorn horn. I cant wait to try this out on my nails x
    Chloe
    https://professionaldaydreamerx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's a great compliment haha - I've still yet to try the unicorn horn but it looks amazing! xx

      Delete
  17. I love these nails!!! Bright, colourful, fun. Perfection lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these rainbow nails - they are so cute :)

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look wicked!! I have similar colours stashed away so will definitely try this. :) xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah give it a go! - Good luck :D ! xx

      Delete
  20. The colours all look lovely together! Where did you get the tape from? I just had to order some striping tape from some random website online...

    The Clashing Giraffe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no! Thats a shame :( I picked up with particular tape from Wilkinsons, but there are sooo many stockists for cute and cheap Washi Tape online! xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.