Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette



If you've followed this blog for a while you'll have noticed that I only post beauty/makeup reviews on products I'm really excited about, and today is no different. I don't buy products simply because they're new or popular, and I never bother writing about products that haven't impressed me much. So you may have wondered why today I'm only just writing about the Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette; after all I know it's been out a while now. But it's because I like to take my time getting to know a brand and using their products steadily over time, rather than just buying everything immediately. I was browsing my local Superdrug recently and this palette caught my eye. Not only is it super affordable at only £6, but it has multiple uses. It can be used to highlight, contour and blush; perfect.



As you can see the palette contains a mixture of matte and shimmer powders, with cool and warm tones. I find the second to the left on the top row, is perfect for a subtle contour even on my pale skin. I enjoyed using a variation of the different rose blushes, but was probably more drawn to the third shade on the top row; the very sweet pop of pink, and the coral shade directly beneath it. As for the shimmers, I am absolutely loving the cool, lilac toned one on the top right. It adds a beautiful highlight at the top of my cheeks, and just below my eyes. If I'm honest, I've also used this shimmer for the corners of my eyes to really make them pop too. The whole palette is so versatile.


As with other Makeup Revolution products I've tried; the quality here is amazing. The pigmentation is so good, you only need a small sweep with your makeup brush to apply effectively. I can imagine this palette will last me a long time to come. 

I have pale skin and find these shades are a wonderful fit, but I would love to know how others found it on their skin? Do you have darker skin? Have you used this palette before? Let me know in the comments!


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

10 comments

  1. I keep meaning to try one of the blush palettes from MUR as they look soooo pretty! I don't wear blush very often but I'm trying to incorporate it more in to my daily make up - at the moment I'm loving Dandelion by Benefit which is a pretty pale pink that's perfect for spring xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive heard soo many good things about this palette! I'm not usually a blush person so i just don't buy them much, but this palette seems soo versatile and multi purpose i'm gonna have to definitely check this out! Great Post Jemma! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this palette and I love it, so easy to blend and lovely for any occasion :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Palette is lovely! Love the highlight xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get my hands on this, I have only ever tried the cream version.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I like this! I've only got one shade of blush at the moment and it's a bit limiting. Would be nice to have a little mix so I can pick and choose.

    I'm obsessed with pink eye makeup at the moment too, so I'd probably use them as eyeshadows as well :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't own anything from this brand and I need too! This looks like such a nice palette! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this looks lovely! All of the colours look wonderful ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks gorgeous! Currently getting bored of my current blusher :P x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are such perfect colors! I really need to get a new blush palette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.