The Ultimate Movie List

popcorn in a bowl



Have you ever found yourself wanting to watch a film, but no idea which one you're in the mood for? Endlessly scrolling through Netflix, or Googling movie ideas? No? If not, wow, go you! I always end up in this situation and usually it ends with me getting annoyed and simply putting an episode of The Office on. Now while The Office is clearly amazing, it can get annoying not being able to think of any movies to watch. 

With that in mind, and since the weekend is now here; I decided to compile a huge movie list for you all! (And kinda for myself and future reference too...) I've included only movies I love/like, and tried to categorise them for you. So yes this list is very biased, but it's only my opinion and you can definitely go back to scrolling through Netflix if you'd prefer. I just thought it'd be nice to share some movies I love for very different reasons, and hope to suggest some new faves for you all. So here we go.. the big list. I'm sure I've left lots of my favourites out and I'll scream when I realise, but for now...


The Absolute Favourites;
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
The Little Mermaid
Amelie
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Now & Then
Gone Girl
My Neighbor Totoro

Ones For The Family;
Harry Potter
Sleeping Beauty
Maleficent
Kiki's Delivery Service
Tangled
Wreck It Ralph
The Corpse Bride
Frozen

Inspiring;
Jeff, Who Lives At Home
American Beauty
The Silver Linings Playbook
Forrest Gump
The Shawshank Redemption

Thought Provoking;
Fight Club
The Perks of Being A Wallflower
Ghost World
The Virgin Suicides
Inception
Shutter Island

Teen Dreams;
Easy A
Mean Girls
Romy & Michele's High School Reunion
10 Things I Hate About You
Clueless

Hilarious;
Superbad
Without A Paddle
I Love You Man
Role Models
Bridesmaids
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Get Him To The Greek

Others;
The Hunger Games
Thor
50/50
Adventureland
Twilight 
Never Been Kissed
Sex & The City

There we have it! Let me know if any of these are your favourites too, or suggest me some I might like! :) Have a great weekend guys!

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

27 comments

  1. i've seen and loved most of these but there's definitely a few i've added onto my movie bucket list! great post :-)

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Movie list. I am glad to say I have seen a chunk of these and I will most definitely be using this as a reference point in the future.

    I really need to watch "Perks of Being a wallflower" and "The Hunger Games".

    This is such a good idea.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Ellen
    x x x x x x x x


    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should they are both brilliant!! xx

      Delete
  3. We do this all the time - scroll for half an hour then decide to watch modern family!
    Some good choices, some of my faves on there, but some I've never seen so might check those out next time we're scrolling :)
    Jilly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! I do the same all the time! xx

      Delete
  4. I love a good movie list! I was thinking of watching a movie tonight so I might take one from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need this list for myself too to remind me of ones I love haha! xx

      Delete
  5. You featured so many of my favourite movies here! I love Fight Club and Harry Potter and 10 Things I Hate About You! For recommendations I would say The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Requiem For a Dream and AI! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the recommendations!! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. I've seen quite a few of these but I'll definitely be trying the ones I haven't seen. My favourite film are the cornetto trilogy (Sean of the dead, Hot fuzz and the worlds end).
    Chloe x
    https://professionaldaydreamerx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea, what a fantastic blog post! LOVE the family list! xo

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic list! Also, I LOVE your taste in movies. Harry Potter, any Tim Burton's and American Beauty are my favourites :) x
    lipstickandlighteningblogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some good'uns here! Although I didn't like Bridesmaids at all! Oh but Clueless is a classic! Ones I'm currently loving are Guardians of the Galaxy and Rush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just added most of these to my MOVIES TO WATCH list! I love funny movies and saw Easy A last week and was looking for something similar so this is great! xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many good movies!
    I think you would enjoy The Breakfast Club! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome movies! I've seen them all and they're all so great in their own ways. I personally love 80's movies such as Back To The Future, The Breakfast Club & Ferris Bueller's Day Off. When you have a spare moment you should have a watch of them and see what you think :)

    Talia // http://floral-anchors.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've chosen some great Films! I feel like making a huge a batch of popcorn and having a movie marathon lol (anybody willing to babysit ;)) lol xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great list! I'm totally going to have to watch some of these ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fightclub is one of my favourite movies. You've picked quite a few good films, some of them I haven't seen yet though so I'll have to give them a watch.
    You might like the film The Breakfast Club. It is my all time favourite movie, John Hughes is a legend.
    Rubi | Instagram | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I'm ever in Liverpool, we should go the cinema, haha, we have exactly the same taste. Eternal Sunshine is one of my absolute faves! And the comedies - I LOVE Forgetting Sarah Marshallow. and bar Easy A (which I haven't seen) the teen dreams are all movies I loved as a teen (and still do, in fact I quote them all way too much)
    x Tink Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I watched such a great film the other day called 'knowing', you have to watch it! xx

    kimwildx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your film selection is ON POINT GIRL! Love it xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is the best film for a good laugh!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading through the list, get to Shutter Island and realised I never finished watching it D: Oh dear, I better get to that quick lol

    Mona x
    www.thevirtuousvixen.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Movies like Kick-Ass and Cabin in the Woods are ones I tend to watch whenever I'm feeling ill or low, they just seem to be super uplifting. Tempted to make a similar list like this. I really need to watch eternal sunshine of the spotless mind as well!
    Mish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.