Meet Harri


Welcome to March my lovelies! Let's kick start this month off with an interview with the amazing Harri from Vanilla Craft Blog. I may need to prepare some of you now, you might be a little in awe of this girl. She's been running her blog for two years now and she's only 15 years old. As well as studying at school, and living a normal, hectic teenage life; she's managed to run a successful blog, collaborate with big brands and start to make a name for herself as a craft blogger. Feeling a little wowed yet? I know I certainly didn't have my shit together when I was 15! 
I found Harri's blog around a year ago and fell in love with all of her posts, especially her adorable DIY's she puts together. Some of my favourite posts include 'Making A Perfect Visual Diary', 'DIY Instagram File Box', and 'Create A Flip Scrapbook'. Seriously, take a look through her archive and I doubt you'll leave anything less than inspired and impressed.

Here's my interview with Harri..


1. Can you introduce yourself to my readers? :]
Hello, I'm Harri, the sole creator, writer and photographer for my blog vanilla craft blog. I've been running my blog for just under 2 years and have recently reached 1000 followers. I enjoy crafts, inspiration and pretty things. I love decorating my room and my passion is sailing and being on the water.

2. What inspires you?
The world around me is my inspiration. The places I go, the peeople I meet and of course the internet. There are so many inspiring blogs, instagrams... and pinterest is an endless scroll of inspiration.

3. Do you have any heroes? 
I don't really have heroes but there are inspirations like Jessica Watson who went out and achieved her dream of sailing around the world. I don't want to do that but it makes me want to actually do something and start achieving stuff.

4. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love it. I love sharing things that I make and do and the amazing community makes me want to come back for more.

5. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Defintely reaching 1000 followers just a few weeks ago. It was so exciting to think that 1000 people were following and possibly more reading. It seems so unreal and I'm so happy to have so much support.

6. Is there a particular piece of work or something you've blogged about that has been your favourite?
My favourite blog post is probably my first video I ever made called "make a visual diary". I've been so proud of it. I also love all my posts I have done in collaboration with instax and their cameras. It's so fun collaborating with your favourite brand.

7. What is a typical day like for you?
Well I'm a school student so it's usually up and off to school but usually my weekends are like this. On saturdays I'll get up, check emails and blogs then have breakfast and go sailing. Then I'll come home and do some blogging or I'll spend some time with friends. Then on sunday I'll have a more relaxing day with friends or family and maybe do a bit more blogging and sadly homework.

8. Can you name your favourite blog?
I have many favourite blogs but I think my absoulete favourite would be A Beautiful Mess. They are so inspiring and someone I really look up to. Its a big blogging inspiration. Smaller blogs that I love are Freshly Pickked and Clover and Dot

9. What advice would you give someone starting a blog?
Be really original and do what you love. Don't force it and don't expect to be happy on your first go. Remember it all takes time and you won't have 1000s of followers overnight.

10. Tell us something about you we don't know? :]
A lot of people do, but it's my other life. I love Watersports and I sail every week and teach kids at a local sailing school. I also have just started windsurfing which I love.


Thank you so much for letting me grill you Harri, you're an absolute sweetheart and continue to inspire me all the time.


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

10 comments

  1. Great post! Harri has achieved so much at such a young age! Amazing role model! I wish het amazing luck! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. So young and so talented! She's got big things in store for her! :) Rebecca | www.rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! She's worked with big brands and created such an inspiring blog at such a young age! xx

      Delete
  3. 5 years older and I still don't have my shit together haha! What a lovely lady x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah me either Vicky and I'm 10 years older!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, go Harri! I's not always you come across a 15 year old with their shit together! x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful interview! Harri is such an inspiration ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely interview and am super excited to go check out Harri's blog now!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhh I love interview posts, especially with bloggers I haven;t come across yet.
    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.