Lord & Berry Makeup Review

I recently had the pleasure of trying out some Lord & Berry products for the first time, and wanted to share my thoughts and first impressions with you guys. I've had around two weeks trying each of the products, and thoroughly tested them in various situations (I drink a lot of coffee and never have time to reapply my makeup in work!), so I feel I can confidently share my thoughts now.
I don't know why I've never tried Lord & Berry before, it's just never really hit my radar until now. A lovely friend kindly gifted me with some products she thought would be perfect for me, and I was thrilled to take them on a test drive. I've been using the semi-matte red lipstick in 'Vogue', eyeliner in 'Sparkle Black', and the stardust loose eye shadow in 'Gold Black'. Maybe these choices were on a whim, but I prefer to imagine my friends think I'm very suited to smoky eyes and red lips; oooh yes, suave and sophisticated I am.



Is there anything quite like unwrapping a new lipstick, popping off the top, turning the base and revealing that beautiful colour for the first time? Just look at this beauty, it's a stunning shade of deep cherry red.

From the first smooth swipe across my lips, I knew this lipstick was just made for me. It's a semi-matte finish which means it stays in place very well, but is still full of enough moisture to make your lips feel soft and supple. I always fall for a really good red when it comes to lipsticks, and this one is no different. I feel it strikes a good balance between a daytime red and nightwear too, which is usually as hard as it sounds. This has quickly become my new staple lipstick. The formula is beautiful and I'm already looking at other shades in their range.


When I first tried out the sparkle black eyeliner my honest reaction was, 'Ooh!' - I'm easily impressed. But I think I've only ever used plain black eyeliners, so the idea of a little sparkle appealed to me greatly. 



As you can see from the photographs, this eyeliner offers a strong, deep black with delicate flecks of silver/white sparkle. I have to tell you guys, I love this! It's so pretty and powerful all at once. I've only used this for evenings and special, dressier occasions as I find it make me feel a little more 'dolled up', but you could easily rock this style daytime if you preferred. 



And finally I've been using the Gold Black eye shadow that you can see above, which is so beautiful. It really is made for a sultry smokey lid and killer cats eye. I do really love this and I'll be using it as much as possible, however; I do worry it's wasted on my eyes as I have hooded lids unfortunately. Which means you can't always see the work that goes into my eye makeup, but there we go. I'll be enjoying this anyway.

Have you tried any products from Lord & Berry before?




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

16 comments

  1. Oooh I've never heard of this brand before but I love the look of it! I'd love to try that glitter pencil, it looks soo good! Great photos too, great review xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look fab! I love the twist on the classic black liner. Girls gotta have some sparkle!
    I recently tried the L&B bronzer (sample in Birchbox) and I love it!
    After reading this its just made me more inclined to buy from this brand :D

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried their normal black liner and didn't like it that much but the one with sparkle in it looks lovely. As does the lipstick :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo this brand sounds really good and especially the red lipstick! It's a lovely rich red! Great review xx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually heard of Lord and Berry before, so will need to go and check them out now. I love the colour of the lipstick, so bright and vibrant and love the sparkle in the eyeliner! Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard much about Lord & Berry, but they look like a brand I'd love to try. Especially that pencil with the glitter, oh gosh!

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why have I never heard of this brand before?! The sparkle black eyeliner is sooo pretty!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was unsure about purchasing Lord & Berry but now you've convinced me!

    http://www.sarahstyle.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have actually never heard of the brand Lord and Berry before but it actually looks very promising. :) How are they price wise do you know? The eyeliner I find is something a bit quirky. I'm not sure if I like cherry reds on my lips yet to be honest.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried Lord&Berry but their lipstick looks lovely!! <3 xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I've never heard of this brand but it looks amazing. Absolutely love the red lipstick. The eyeliner is so quirky and different!

    I can imagine that they suit you a lot, can't wait to see an instagram with the glitter eyeliner! ;)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all look lovely! I've just ordered their liquid eyeliner with my Birchbox points so it didn't cost me a penny :) Can't wait until it comes and I can play around with it xx

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh what a gorgeous selection! just love the red lipstick very retro :)

    Melissa || www.melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great product review! I own about a million shades of red lipstick and gloss, but I most certainly need to add that one to my collection.

    The glitter eyeliner reminds me of the eyeliner I wore all the time in high school. Glitter flecks always got in my eye. I'm not sure if that has to do with the glitter being in the liner, or if it was the brand that was the issue. It's pretty, but it was a painful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard a few good things about this brand but never actually tried them out myself. That lipstick looks really pigmented though, so I think I'm going to have to give these babies a whirl!

    Indra ♥
    www.aliceinbeautyland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these all look lovely! I'll totally have to try out this brand ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.