Dramatic Makeup: Mermaid Inspired

Every once in a while, it's fun to play dress up. Or at least the grown up version of it; if I can't be head to toe dressed as a fairy, complete with light up wings... I'll go a little wild with my makeup at least.
Inspired by Holly's recent makeup post, which was strikingly beautiful; I decided I wanted to get a little more creative with my own face. True, I can't exactly go to the office like this without turning some heads, but this is what the weekends are for. Painting your face a spectacular combination of colours, letting your hair go a little bigger, a little wilder, and truly taking on a new persona for the day.
I really had fun creating this look, and would love to take it further one day. A full mermaid outfit, and even more dramatic eyes could make for a good Halloween costume this year.
What do you guys think?
post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

23 comments

  1. You look amazing! :D What do you have on your lips? It's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makeup Revolution 100% Vamp! Thanks lovely ^__^ xx

      Delete
  2. Wow that makeup is amazing!! Your eyeshadow application and blending is soo good! You look gorgeous jemma! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! That would look so different on Halloween, go for it! Xo

    Aymielouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd do it more dramatic for Halloween; but I'd love to! x

      Delete
  4. Love thisss!! GREEN EYEBROWS! shouldnt work but it doesss!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just <333 *heart emoji eyes*
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks gorgeous on you! I feel like this could go two different ways, either a mermaid look or more of an Ursula one ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd like to try push the extreme for both hehe! :) x

      Delete
  7. This looks so gorgeous, I love the colours! I miss being able to do things like this at uni so I think I should dig out my crazier colours and dress up a bit more at the weekend - you've inspired me! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely Tash!! <3 Let me know if you do hehe x

      Delete
  8. Jemma, you look absolutely amazing, I've already said that on Instagram, but heck, this makeup look is just utterly incredible! xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you're so nice to me Rose, thank you! xx

      Delete
  9. Love this look! Your hair just completes it x

    Much love,
    Emily❭❭ peroxidefox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a good accessory for dress up time haha! xx

      Delete
  10. such a gorgeous look! I have also been planning to make more makeup tutorial posts! I love how the overall look and shades compliment your hair.

    EricaRosa Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had the confidence to wear make up this dramatic, I love how you look like a mermaid! Rebecca || Rebecca Marie: UK Lifestyle Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god I love this look. You look amazing
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.