Starting A Summer Scrapbook

Scrapbook Art Collage Flowers
Flowers art collage scrapbook

This month I've been enjoying the new sunshine that has blessed us recently, and allowing those brighter days to inspire me in a multitude of ways. One of those ways is my new scrapbook! Yes, I've started a scrapbook and I wanted to share some of it with you guys today.

I hope to update this and keep it going for the rest of the year, but for now I thought I'd start it off with a kick of sunshine and Summer fun! My first few pages stick to the Summer theme, and it's been really cheering up my mood to work on this and feel like I'm embracing the upcoming season early. 

I've been reminiscing over past Summers, my favourite holidays, memories and thoughts, to fuse them into something inspiring to decorate onto my first few pages. A scrapbook can be a wonderful way to explore your creative side and keep cherished memories, and I've also found it has helped me relax to work on this.
flowers sunshine summer

collage art scrapbook
I concentrated on layering different images, collecting trinkets/flowers, using colourful pens and tapes, adding glitter, buttons, and of course writing down some of my memories and thoughts to go along with everything. You don't need to be an Artist to make a beautiful scrapbook, and because it's a personal project; it becomes meaningful to you as you create it.


My only tips for making a scrapbook would be;

1. Try to keep each page/section to a theme: It will flow naturally then and you'll have more ideas on how to represent this one single theme.

2. Layer, layer... then layer some more!: Don't be scared to get messy here. Adding different materials, colours and elements will only strengthen your pages.

3. Don't be afraid to look at other scrapbooks: It's okay to see how others have done theirs and get ideas from it, because your personal memories cannot be copied anyway! Find what makes theirs beautiful, and try to emulate that in your own work. Do they make good use of space? Do they stick to one particular colour? Do they use text as imagery? Find inspiration!

Collage art scrapbook

Scrapbook art

Cat kitten flowers

Starting this scrapbook is one of my favourite creative projects I've done this year, and I'll be sure to keep it up. I hope it will become something wonderful to look back on when the year is over, and maybe I'll start another for January 1st! Fingers crossed.

Even Luna enjoyed helping me with this project!


Have you ever made a scrapbook?


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

36 comments

  1. What an amazing idea! Your photos are gorgeous, and how beautiful is your kitten?! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. One! Your scrapbook looks beautiful and two GIVE ME your kitten! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to started a scrapbook for so long...but I find myself not knowing what to do each time when I want to make a page xD Looks lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to always scrapbook but I haven't done it for a while now, your post has made me want to make a new one :)
    Your scrapbook looks beautiful and your kitten is just so cute!!

    Fruity Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love scrapbooks! My dad recently found one of mine from middle school that I had with a friend and it was so ridiculous hahaha I should start another less embarrassing one.

    Danika Maia

    www.danikamaia.com

    BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely idea and some great tips here. I've been collecting things in a notebook for a while now but maybe it's time to step up and change it into a scrapbook! These tips will be really useful, I especially think looking at other scrapbooks is important for inspiration.
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do a lot of scrapbooking... You make me want to start again.
    AND I WANT LUNA

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luna is so cute! the Scrap book is so cute! THE cuteness of it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your first few pages, can't wait to see how it progresses x3
    Thylaylii x

    http://tomorrowsheretoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so terrible at following through with my scrapbook intentions, but I think it's such a lovely way to document your life - especially because it's not online! There's something so special about leafing through a book that you've handmade, as opposed to scrolling through your own instagram feed. Thanks for the inspiration! I must give this a go again. x

    Jessica Marie | JESMGIA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made a scrapbook before but I really want to start <3
    http://www.thegirlwiththewingedliner.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so beautiful! I LOVE what you've created - it's all so pretty. Wish I could make something like this! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea, I haven't made a scrapbook since I was a child x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looooooove the idea of scrap-book, but I've always been put off because I don't have an artistic bone in my body! XD I might give it a go for this summer and see how it goes! xxx

    Prompts by Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't deal with how cute Luna is!
    I really want to get into scrapbooking :) Yours looks fabulous and not only would it be lovely to look back over, but it's also a great way to get creative :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your scrap book looks soo pretty! And some really great tips! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
  17. This si soooo beautiful !!! Such a great way to keep all those cute memories together in a lovely book :)
    Inspiring !!

    xCx
    http://christinapirate.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice idea. Yours is popping with colour and is so creative - mine definitely wouldn't look like this but I am certainly inspired :)

    http://ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post! Scrapbooks are so fun ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the most gorgeous post - in everyway. I was already close to weeping at how cute your scrapbook is and how amazing your photography is - and then you popped in Luna right at the last minute and I genuinely lost the ability to cope!!!

    Definitely going to get scrapbooking this year - major inspo from this post.

    xx

    www.lovelaughslipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's fabulous! I love your little Polaroid style prints.
    I have so many scrapbooks on the go, I'm currently working on a honeymoon scrapbook and trying to keep up with a 2015 scrapbook too.
    Hoping to do lots of crafty stuff during the summer holidays so will try get caught up with my scrap booking then :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my scrapbook =] scrapbooking is a great hobby

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a gorgeous scrapbook! i wish mine turned out half as good as this!

    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've started one but never completed one - this inspires me to start a mini-summer scrapbook :) x

    Ornella || euhnella |

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've inspired me to start one. I started it a while a go but never went back to it. This is so good! Xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dear god that kitten is adorable. I need one to help me too! All I've got is Percy and he likes to bite me not help me (don't worry he's a cat not a person!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a lovely idea! I used to love scrapbooking when I was younger and I think this is the perfect excuse to get back into it x

    Paige | Paige Says

    ReplyDelete
  28. Usually I answer no to all questions about whether I've done something artistic, but for once, I have actually made a scrapbook before! I made one from Kris and I's interrail travelling trip from 2011. It was a lot of fun and a nice way to remember the holiday. I like to grab it off the shelf every now and then and remember those times! Especially when I'm having a rough time, it's a great pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jem, I have just fallen in love with this gorgeous picture of your cat!!

    I tried scrapbooking once and my patience lasted about 15 minutes before I gave up. I'd love to start another one!

    Loulocket.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how bright, beautiful & summery this looks!
    You are SO creative :)
    Sarah xx
    whimsicalmumblings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is so beautiful and such a lovely idea!!!

    http://fashionforlunch.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've just started a scrapbook, I'm planning to post about it soon :) your pages are so pretty and Luna is just beautiful <3

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. I ADORE your scrapbook and bright and colourful it is! :) I am on 11 scrapbooks and counting now. I absolutely love sitting down with a cup of tea and looking through them, it's a wonderful way to relax! :) I hope you continue to enjoy it! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love scrapbooking, I've actually been meaning to get back into - great post! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my God! I love this idea! Now I wanna make a scrap book. Yours is so cool. It totally makes sense that it would help you relax because you're expressing yourself. Man I really wanna do this now. By the way, that kitten it SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow this looks amazing! So much colour :D also how cute is your cat please?! :3


    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.