Kindness

The thing about kindness, is that it is quiet and hidden. Kindness comes behind after the noise has left, and settles down all the worry and stress. It straightens out all the kinks, and eases troubles. Kindness asks for nothing, no acknowledgment or expectations. It soothes when there is pain, and comforts without asking. Kindness visits unexpectedly and tries to sneak away again without being noticed. Sometimes you can catch kindness in the act, and if you're lucky enough to; then you should take it within your arms and hold it, thank it deeply. Wish it well, and pass it on to someone else. That's the nature of kindness, to always be passed on to another. It makes life lighter and easier, and can be a powerful thing.

This week has brought so much kindness across my path, that I can't not take a moment to acknowledge and thank for it.

To Frankie, for doing something I wouldn't expect of close family and friends; let alone someone I've yet to meet. You acted as if it was a tiny kindness too, and gave it away without hesitation or doubt. You showed me true, heartfelt consideration and I have no idea how to even begin to thank you. It made me cry when I realised what you had done, because when pure kindness comes from someone who doesn't ever have to; it's even more special and magic. It made me grateful for the good in people. I hope I can pass on this kindness to someone else at least, and make every effort to be as kind as you have been to me.

I'd also like to thank Theresa, for taking the time to give me such a unique and thoughtful birthday gift - a drawing she did of me!
I think I overwhelmed Theresa with my reaction on Twitter when she told me she had done this for me; I was ecstatic! I can't believe someone would actually make the time and give so much effort to make such a cool drawing of ME. Wow. I can't thank you enough! This is the coolest thing ever, and bonus points to you for making me look cute - you are talented.

I received birthday cards in the post the last few days from bloggers too! Can you believe it? So thoughtful and kind and just genuinely lovely! I got amazing beauties in the post from Danielle, Dee & Amy. These girls are like my blogging sisters; we talk every single day and I know I can rely on them to pick me up whenever I'm down. Danielle is one of the most pure of heart & mind people I know - seriously, she's so amazing and caring. I just want nothing but happiness for her, she deserves the world and more. Dee is a pocket full of sunshine! It's hard to imagine anyone not smiling when talking to her, because she radiates kindness and is always there for her friends. Amy is absolutely mental; in the best kind of way! I hope I don't offend anyone wording it that way actually, sorry. But it's the best word to use to describe this bubbly, hilarious burst of energy. Shes as random as they come, and you can't help but love her.


On Wednesday morning, a very beautiful package arrived through the post for me. It was my MAC lipstick I won in Victoria's giveaway! I felt so shocked and thrilled to have won, as I never thought I had a chance! It felt even more awesome because it was coming from someone I genuinely consider a friend too. Victoria is always so sweet, and I swear we're related or something because we like all the same things! Our shared passion for everything Kawaii and old school emo/rock music means I pretty much love her. She made such a special effort to even make the packaging all pretty, and I really appreciated this. I opted for the shade 'Impassioned' and I think it suits me perfectly!

I also received so many kind and wonderful birthday messages on Twitter. If you were one of those people - Thank you!! I promise even if I couldn't reply, I was smiling from ear to ear as I was enjoying my day. It made me feel so loved and grateful.

I'm sorry if I've rambled today, but so much kindness deserves mentioning and I felt as if my heart would burst from happiness from it all. I feel truly blessed. I'll always feel rich if I have this feeling forever.

What kind act will you do this week?

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

14 comments

  1. You deserve every bit of kindness! Stay happy :)) xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwhh tht is such a lovely post. You deserve this all dear. BLESS!!!

    Rafiia Hussain
    www.mysteriousblogger21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that drawing of you it's perfect!!

    Danika Maia
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on this from my parents but had a feeling it hadn't worked! It read -

    STOP MAKING ME CRY YOU!!! Kindness attracts kindness and so you deserve it all and more.
    Love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post! You deserve every bit of kindness ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much sweet! You beautiful human. <3
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! Happy birthday for whenever it was. We share the same name and birthday month eh?! xx

    Floral-Etiquette

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice post, it's stuff like this that makes me lovely reading others blogs!
    You deserve it all :D

    Ali :)
    alicaitrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! That drawing is so cute, I love it! Kindness most certainly attracts kindness, we are after all, a mash up of the few people nearest and dearest to us, so you're clearly surrounding yourself with all the right people! :)


    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe what a cute drawing that is.
    it's so nice to show kindness to one another and best of all it costs nothing :-).

    Andrea
    https://beautywithandrea36.wordpress.com




    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely post to read and beautifully written too, Jemma. It's lovely and heart-warming whenever anyone is kind to someone else, especially if it's someone you've never met before, it's such a nice feeling. And I love that drawing which was done for you - it's so cute! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so mice to read! My past couple of weeks have been pretty bad and this post made me so happy to read, and so happy for you, you're so lucky! xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely week you've had! Kindness is such a great think to give people and it doesn't cost a thing, I think plenty of people forget that from time to time.

    My kind act of the day is helping my colleague out, despite them being obnoxiously annoying and not listening to a word I say, I'm still helping them... and breathing deeply at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the loveliest post :) I really do think there's nothing more important than being kind to the people around you. A little kindness goes such a long way, and you never know how much you might improve someone's week!

    Lynsey xx
    allsortsandanecdotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.