February Interview 1: Meet Amy



If you caught last month's interview with the lovely Megan, you'll know I'm finding different people every month that inspire me, and convincing them to answer some of my questions. I really do feel amazingly lucky that each request so far has been met with a YES! :) In fact, for February I have TWO interviews for you guys! How awesome is that?

First up the fantastic Amy whose blog I have followed for around 4/5 months and fell in love with. She truly inspires my own Art in ways I could never express without sounding lame - I really hope you guys visit her here, and show her all your love. I managed to grab her for a few questions...


1. Could you introduce yourself a little to my readers? 
:) Hi!! I'm Amy and I'm currently in my first year at university studying Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern design. I blog over at www.thecreativeoutlook.co.uk 

2. How did you get into blogging?
I started "fashion" blogging in 2012 after finding out about Lookbook (does anyone even use that anymore?) but I soon deleted that because it wasn't for me really. I then began a lifestyle blog in 2013 which I sort of stopped in August 2014 and changed it into what I have right now... I think art blogging is definitely what I'm most comfortable with. 

3. As an Artist; what inspires you?
I love Alexander McQueen's work (before his death) because of his stories behind the clothes and performances. They always meant something and he really thought about his concept. Movies by Wes Anderson inspire me because he thinks about everything; the colours, the sounds, the little details you’d probably ignore anyway. Caitlin's blog (bollykecks.tumblr.com) has inspired me a lot this year, especially with my journals because she's so out there and arty. There's so many artists/designers I follow on Instagram as well! Ahhh too much to choose from. 

4. Could you name one of your heroes? (Whether a personal or professional one)
I have no idea, hmmm I guess I don't really have one.

5. You have fantastic talent, does it come naturally or do you really struggle to get the results you want?
(Thankyou!) and without sounding too sure of myself I think it comes naturally for me. If it isn't looking or working out how I imagined it then I just do whatever I can to make it work in my favour. I suppose being in art school means that it's all experimental anyway so I don't have anything to lose when trying stuff out. I also don't share everything so if I do think it's completely rubbish then nobody will see it anyway. 

6. Is there a particular piece of your own work which is your favourite?
Noooo I have no favourites, I think I end up disliking everything I do after a while!

7. What is a typical day like for you?
Well, I'm at uni 4 days a week and that consists of workshops, lectures, lots of drawing, gallery visits, making compositions and having crits. On the days that I'm off I either have a lie in or go food shopping. Being a student means I don't really have much money to spend on fun things...

8. Could you give any advice for people wanting to be more creative?
Just paint, draw, write, take pictures or do whatever you feel like doing! Don't give up and don't consistently compare yourself to everyone else because it's pointless and won't help you. Everybody is different and not everyone will like what you create. 

9. Where would you like to be in ten years?
By then I'll be about 30 so hopefully i'll be selling some of my work somehow... maybe handling my own business or working freelance. It'd be great if I kept my blog up for that long as well!

10. Can you name your proudest moment?
Getting onto my course at uni. It's one of the best courses for what I'm doing and I felt so happy that I'd actually been given a place. I found the interview process really stressful but thankfully it was all worth it in the end! 

*Hope you guys enjoyed Amy's interview!


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.