12 Projects: February Summary

Wanna know more about 12 Projects?

This month's project was a little different, not very dramatic, but hella needed for this month. I decided a reflective project was on the agenda, and began a journal. The aim for February was to write something every single day, whatever happened. It could be a diary entry, a to-do list, a short story, a poem, random thoughts or feelings. Just get it down on paper and put it out there into the world. This idea was small and personal enough to connect me deeply to it, but open to enough interpretation that it was freeing, and felt intensely creative.

So how did I do? Pretty well actually. I wrote a lot of diary entries, which felt really nice. Knowing nobody would be reading those words could have felt pointless since I'm used to blogging, but it didn't at all. It really made me reflect back on each day, and how I was doing. Plus I noticed that even just taking five minutes 'me time' to reflect, improved my thought process each night and helped me come up with some of my most creative ideas lately. I took stock of my day, and what had gone well/not so well. I honestly think this made me a more positive person this month!

I also wrote a little more for a fictional fantasy story I've been working on and off of, for the past year. I wrote small scenes, character backgrounds and developed the plot a little more. Since I was a little girl, my dream has been to write my own book, and this story is just bursting out of me sometimes. It'll take me years to finish I've no doubt, but it feels so wonderful to work on it when I can.

And then I've wrote some other things. I don't even know what to call it. Poetry sounds so lame and pompous to me, a little. And that weren't the purpose anyway. I wanted various writing to accompany some Artwork I'm creating, and this seemed pretty perfect. I've shared a little below, and I may share the finished Art when I eventually get around to it.

To be honest I realise that this project isn't impressive at all to the outside; you guys peering in at my monthly creativity bubble. But it's been so gloriously beneficial to me and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, so I definitely see it as a successful month. But fear not if this is not your thing, I already have March's project planned and oh my.. It's very DIY/kitschy/hopefully Pinterest-y. You'll love it ;)

Let me know what creative things you've all been up to this month? :)

* * * * *

Tall, dark, and persuasive, a glint in your eye,
Walking through these streets, a child of the night,
Anticipating the pain, so hard to let go,
Somebody save me, I’m getting pulled in deep.

Festering, fire breathing, fucking hatred on my skin,
Crawling through the moonlight, where do I begin,
I’ll follow you still, dragging me down again,
Barely breathing, my heart’s a raging traitor.


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

11 comments

  1. I'm really happy for you that your project made you happier this month! I think I need one of them for next month!!

    Chrissy x
    www.chrissylilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' amazing how much getting pen to paper can help you feel happier. I find it very freeing to get my thoughts out. It's lovely to hear how beneficial this project is being for you :)

    Ellie
    www.litnerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is such a good idea! It'll be one I'll have in mind to do! Sometimes simple ideas are the best!

    Ellen,
    Http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started writing sort of a diary/calendar to stay organized and motivated, and it actually helped a lot! Everyday, even if nothing interesting happens, I write a small note. I love coming back to these notes, seeing how I did last month with workouts etc.. xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful, it's so great that you could stick to it! And I love your writing ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!! And I think that it's one I might steal from you. Is that okay? It seems funny because I started blogging because I wanted to have a record of what was going on in my life. And while it has done that, I feel like I need something a bit more. Like you said, something for my eyes only.

    Your poetry is beautiful. Please never stop writing, Gemma. :)

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah you smarty pants you. I didn't even think about this kind of creative project. Well done you for doing so great with this project so far, as always I can't wait to see what you come up with next month!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of writing everyday! I think I am going to try this method every time that I feel a little bit of stress in school! I know Ill try to write before I choreograph as well! Maybe it will help my creative juices flow! Lovely post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really happy for you! You are so creative, and your writing is adorable. I've been writing in a journal everyday since I was a little kid. Now that I write other things, I try to keep writing at least a few times a day. Don't want to lose it!

    http://triskelereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this idea! Very creative. :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this idea! Very creative. :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.