Catching Up


The past week or two has been really hectic, but it's mostly been good. I had a good old haul at Primark last week, you know the kind where you only pop in for one thing but leave with a huge load of bags? Yeah. I can't do that again! But I did manage to get some amazing Little Mermaid pj's in there; my life dream. Also, Adventure Time (yay!) and Central Perk T-shirts. Win. Probably the best thing to happen though was booking a trip to Amsterdam in 5 weeks! A friend of mine invited Gary and I, and even as skint as we are right now, we knew we couldn't say no. Neither of us have ever been, and it'll be a fantastic chance to take the trip with a group of friends. I plan on taking about a billion photos, so I'm sure a lot of it will make it to the blog.

The downside to this week was my back just giving in on me. I've had back problems for years now, and as painful as that can be, this time was something different. It felt like I had pulled a muscle or something and caused me absolute agony on Wednesday. I had to call in sick to work as when I tried to leave the house, I only got a few streets away before I couldn't walk anymore. A day of rest and painkillers was much needed. Thankfully it eased up a little, and stretching it out has helped.

Right now I'm working on my next creative project for the month of February, check out this post if you have no idea what I'm talking about. It took me a few days to decide between a writing challenge or something else, but ultimately I think I chose right. I'll do a post soon about what my writing challenge is all about, but I'm really happy and excited about it! Be sure to check back soon to see what I'm up to :)

And that's all from me really for now. You can follow me on the socials shown below if you wanna keep up with me day to day, but for now, hope everyone is having a lovely week. Bye!

post signature
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

17 comments

  1. You've just made me plan a trip to primark on my lunchbreak now, I'm holding you responsible :p
    Hope your back pain eases off quickly and you're better for your trip away xx
    Gill X www.eyelinerflicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Aww thanks Gill, it's feeling waaaay better in comparison now. But I do have to stretch and keep it moving a lot..
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I hope your back is better! :( I haven't visited Primark in so long, a visit is due I think (especially the mention of the Little Mermaid :D)! Amsterdam will be so good, I really want to visit there! Looking forward to seeing your photos :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a Primark haul is always good haha! I'm SO looking forward to Amsterdam Karen, I'm gona be doing a huge post of photos I expect haha :D xx

      Delete
  3. Primark is awful for that, it's just so tempting to buy everything! Aw I hope your back gets better, I think back pain is one of the worst, you just can't do anything.

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I know it's absolutely awful sometimes :(
      Thanks so much for popping by!xxx

      Delete
  4. i hope your back gets better, i'm looking forward to seeing your photos

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great week! xx

      Delete
  5. Urgh, back pain is the worst! I have a ridiculously weak back and so I feel your pain. Really hope you're feeling better soon. I always find doing gentle stretches and exercises helps. (Plus a heavy slathering of Deep Heat!) Have a great weekend Jemma xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying the deep heat - thank you! Although I hate the smell haha!
      Hope you're having a great weekend gorgeous! xxx

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your February creative project! I can't wait to see what you end up making. Also, do we get to see pictures of said Little Mermaid pajamas? They sound amazing!!

    Have a happy weekend, Jemma!

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha they're on my Instagram somewhere! - instagram.com/dorkfaceblog - I basically live in them now haha!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment Kathryn! Always lovely to hear from you!! <3

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Back pains are awful! Hope you are feeling better! And any hauls are always necessary purchases :p (i don't think my husband will agree) lol xxx

    www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jem dear if you want to help your back when its not as sore start doing pilates and yoga, itll be that your core needs strengthening, also get a desk assessment at work. your new desk could be setting it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh really?? I'll look into that!
      Also I love the idea of yoga.. I'm gona see if I can get some home videos sorted because I can do it in the spare room haha! xx

      Delete
  9. I hope your back starts to feel better! It's sounds very painful!
    I just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam, although I'll admit, it's not my favourite place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.