Looking Back

Sometimes I'll get caught in a moment,
and I'll know it's wrong to look back,
but I can't resist the pull it brings,
I see and I feel everything over again.

There's these few seconds that we had,
a small flicker lost in time,
when everything felt fragile and delicate.
A snowflake falling down on my face,
you, watching with a smile.
Do you remember?

There was wonder and there was light,
the curve of a smile under streetlamps.
Fingers entwined and scared,
when nobody was watching.

This moment in time,
a small piece of my history,
a defining chapter with torn pages,
and no real ending.

Sometimes I'll look back,
and question whether it was real,
sometimes I remember,
everything you made me feel.


Do you remember?



post signature


8 comments

  1. That is a beautiful poem! Have you written it yourself? Congratulations, you have a truly lovely and moving writting! With love,
    Vera

    The Flash Window
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful poem well done hun

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely poem. Many people will be able to relate to it and interpret it based on their own experiences.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! You're wonderfully creative.

    Love, Summer.
    www.lifeassummer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jemma. Simply wow. This is an amazing poem and shows what a creative genius you are xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautifully written and conjures fantastic images. It's lovely to read something a little bit different on a blog.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. There's nothing else to say.

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.