Quiet Moments


Sometimes life happens in big, sudden ways. It can all change in an instant. And when we look back over events in our life, or even just the past year; (as a lot of us are right now), we only seem to remember the defining memories or days. We forget all about the slow, insignificant, small moments that led us to that point. We forget about the journey. So I've been thinking about these quiet moments lately. I've been trying to think of small snippets from the past weeks, months, years - where nothing particularly extraordinary happened; but everything was in the motion of change.


I can remember there being confusion on the day of choosing my college studies, and instead of opting for English Literature, Psychology and Art as planned.. I ended up studying Art full time on a whim.

I can remember leaving my house, taking a train and leaving the city, not realising I wouldn't be going back. 

I can remember thinking of phoning my Dad one evening, but sensing it was a little too late to call. I didn't know at the time it would always be too late.

I can remember talking to a guy online and thinking he seemed pretty cool. Four years have passed and I still think he's pretty cool.



All these moments have one thing in common; they weren't huge. I didn't know at the time they would change my life in a big way, or affect me so deeply from then on. It makes me wonder what small changes are occurring right now, that I'm not even aware of. What will the future hold for me from choices I've made today? If anything, I'm learning to respect and appreciate the everyday. Because every single day of my life I'm taking steps towards a future, and each step could actually be a huge leap in disguise. So I'll do the best I can, I'll enjoy this quiet moment sitting with someone I love, I'll write how I'm feeling, and I'll look forward to tomorrow.


What moments will make up your 2015 I wonder?





post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

10 comments

  1. Beautiful Jemma! Very important to remember the more insignificant moments that are actually very large in the bigger picture x

    Bebhinn ✽ A Judge Less Life ajudgelesslife.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little post you've written. It really is the small things that matter. <3
    If you didn't know I nominated you for the Liebster Award. All the information is on the latest post on my blog. :)

    From Ellen in Ireland
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Jemma! Life is made of those little moments, some will be just little moments forever and some will become a life changing ones. It's always important not to loose a sight of those little moments. x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can keep this in mind, as it helps me keep things in good perspective!
      Thank you for popping by lovely xx

      Delete
  4. I love this post. It really makes you think.
    Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest difference.

    I hope you have a wonderful 2015 full of adventures!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you too! Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you all the best <3

      Delete
  5. this is such a lovely post! it's a post that gets you thinking

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Definitely made me stop & wonder. Everything happens for a reason; every small decision that we sometimes don't even realize we make on a daily basis. Definitely love your vibe!
    :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.