January Challenge







I think if I had to sum up January with one word, it would be 'UNDERESTIMATED'. I basically underestimated how little time I would have for anything, and these days any 'free time' is planned out and executed methodically. Sounds fun huh? I kind of thrive on to-do lists and plans though to be honest, so it (sort of) works for me. I've been working full time for the first time in about a year, and this has been a huge adjustment. I love it, but I seriously didn't think about how much time I would have to myself when I came up with the 12 Projects Challenge

If you've read my previous post on this, you'll know I actually changed my mind about what I wanted January's challenge to be, half way through the month. Bad idea. It meant I had only two weeks to complete a new idea, which was to be a painting in the end. Two weeks sounds a lot, but when you're working full time, trying to find time with your boyfriend even though you work opposite schedules, planning trips and attempting to keep up blog posts - it all becomes a holy shitstorm of stress, pardon my French, haha. 

This means the images you see above are my painting SO FAR. I'm still counting this as a completed challenge for January by all means, but I really want to do so much more to this. I feel like it's only half way through. And to be honest, I have some paintings from a year or two ago that I still go back to and work on, so for me to be 100% honest with you I can't say that this is a completed piece. But I consider this a successful challenge completed for January - I set out do create something and learn something; which I have. I have learned I'll need to plan each project better, maybe not be as ambitious, and learn to enjoy whatever creative challenge unfolds.

Here's to February!




post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

13 comments

  1. I am very jealous of your painted lady's lipstick shade! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! You've made something you can enjoy for the rest of the year. My challenge was yoga and I will be continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the "last minute panic" creates beautiful things. I love the hair, if you continue that fiery mass has so much potential! I remember needing to cry last time I tried painting for school...

    Eithne on the Moon | Lifestyle, books and travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it isn't finished I still love it, sometimes simple is better! I think the hard part is trying to think of something which is challenging but isn't so easy that it doesn't fill the month... But I can't wait for the next! And thankyou for the lovely comment you left, i'm excited to see the post!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! I love the sound of your 12 project challenge, it is always nice to something a bit creative. But I totally know what you mean, it is sooo tough when working full time! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding time to do anything is such a challenge for me too.... I miss the days when I was a teen and all I had to worry about was homework and playing video games ha! Your painting looks good so far, can't wait to see it 100% finished!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing these creative posts because it inspires me to carry on with my hobbies. I lost my creative bug a couple of years back and am still working on fitting in making and creating things rather than just sitting on the laptop or worrying so this is really inspiring for me and I love the finished painting so far - the colours are bright and warm and I'm excited to see more! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god! This is absolutely class!
    I wish I could paint like that.
    It's almost finished and at least it was presentable :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! This project sounds so lovely, good luck with it all!
    Hattie x
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for not just giving up on this month! I think your painting is lovely and I look forward to seeing the finished version when she is ready :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always great to give yourself a challenge - and though it may be hard I bet you have a great sense of pride and achievement from it! :)

    I love the painting, that vibrant red/orange is beautiful!! And your photography is beautiful too!

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never want to comment on anyones artwork for the sake of offending but your painted lady reminds me a little of Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas! (Sorry!).
    Either way, completed or not, you have still done a project this month and I think it's so cool you've set yourself this goal especially with having work etc. You're awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with next month.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's a beautiful painting and I can't wait to see what you get up tin February :)

    xx Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.