10 Things That Inspire Me

January is a time when most of us find ourselves more motivated, determined and inspired than ever. There's something about a new year, a new calender, a blank page that seems so appealing and refreshing. It's wonderful to have a reminder that we are in charge of our own life, and we can damn well do with it what we please.

This year, I hope to be even more creative than last year. Don't get me wrong, I feel like a super creative person anyway. But I would like to explore new hobbies/activities that I've never tried before too. With this in mind, I thought I'd share with you guys a list of things that always inspire me. Because we can never have too much inspiration, right?



Some of these things are quite random, but they never fail to light a fire inside me so I've included them anyway. 



1. The Echelon Effect - 'With A Warmth Inside, I Walk Into The Dark'.
2. Lying in the dark, listening to the rain hitting the window, doing nothing but thinking.
3. Getting lost in a good book.
4. Laurence Philomene.
5. Public transport, especially if listening to music and people watching.
6. 'Dirty Blonde' - The Diaries of Courtney Love
7. Old photographs - They don't even have to be mine! In fact, random ones are even better.
8. Live music gigs, and being in the middle of a pulsing crowd.
9. Going on walks alone.
10. Sadness. Not ideal, but sad times force me to produce content and try to express it as well as possible.


In fact, one of the things on this list has inspired me so much that I have an upcoming project planned because of it. I can't wait to show you guys!

Let me know if you like this sort of blog post sharing my inspirations, and I may do more in the future! :)



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.