5 Ways To Promote Your Blog Posts

how to promote your blog posts
Blogging; it's a hella hard game sometimes. Even if it's just a hobby, we write and we share. But sometimes sharing our blog posts can be tricky. I mean, you want as many people to read as possible, you want to make sure you're reaching your target audience and you want to make sure you make a good impression. But how do you do all that without being super annoying? That's basically the question, right? 

Well, here's the thing; I'm not here to say I'm an expert - sorry! But I do know that the way I promote my own blog posts seem to work for me, and gets results. So why not share those little tips and tricks with you guys? :) These obviously aren't rules of thumb, and different things work for different people. I'm just gonna share what works for me. Hope you enjoy!


1. Use images.
I can't stress enough how important images are when trying to attract people to your blog. I would always have an image in every single blog post, regardless of the subject; as it then looks more appealing on Bloglovin. I also use the photo then when promoting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. I never put out a promotional tweet without using a photograph, because it's so much more likely to stand out in people's Twitter feed. If I'm being super honest, it's very rare I click on other people's blog posts (from Twitter anyway) if there isn't an accompanying photo. It's not intentional, I just know what draws me in. So whether I'm promoting a blog post, my other socials, or bloglovin - I always use an image! It's also extremely effective to make it a pinnable image that can be shared on Pinterest (especially if it says what the post is about, like my image above!).


2. Schedule tweets.
This is the best and most useful thing I probably do to get my blog views. Now you really should consider how active you're going to be on Twitter before you decide how many promotional posts to put out. For example, if I know I'm going to be on Twitter a lot tomorrow, and I'll be chatting away; I'll have promotional tweets go out every hour and half - promoting a new post, my bloglovin link, older posts, etc. However if I know I'm going to be busy/out most of the day I'll cut my promo tweets right down - to maybe one every 3 hours. This is because I never want my Twitter to just be full of promotional stuff, I want there to be a good ratio of chatting and blog stuff. I always want there to be more personal tweets and chatty things than just pushing my blog on people. (Remember to use images in these scheduled tweets!)


3. Hashtags.
Hashtags can be great, if not abused. Every single time I promote my blog, I use the #lblogger and #thegirlgang tags but other ones to consider are #bbloggers #fbloggers #cbloggers - though there are hundreds of relevant ones for bloggers! Instagram has it's own range of awesome ones I find handy too, like #instadaily #instagrammers #thatcolourproject #livecolourfully #flashesofdelight #dscolor - these are mostly for colourful themed accounts like mine, but it's worth finding the best ones that work for you! Also, great trick on Instagram - don't put your hashtags in the caption. Put them in a comment, they still get tagged, but then after about 3 comments they're hidden and will leave your photo/caption look neat!


4. Make your blog work for you.
Okay so you have someone visiting your blog, great! Now make the visit worthwhile, have your blog carry on promoting for you. Consider a 'popular posts' section, a layout that has a slider of recent posts, or a menu bar that you can feature different categories on. Not only does it keep things organised and looking good; but it's a great way to get people to browse further posts.


5. Find a Facebook group.
Whether you love or hate Facebook (consider me the of the latter opinion..) there's no denying blogger facebook groups can be awesome for promoting your posts/sharing them where relevant. I have to be honest, I only use Facebook these days to check in with one or two friends, update my Facebook page and see if there's any news on the multiple blogger groups I'm in. It's very rare I actually share my posts in these groups; but I know it works well for some people. One I'd recommend is UK Bloggers.


So there we have it, my top five tips I'd always use to help promote my blog posts. Would you find any of these helpful? If you have other tips, share them in the comments for others! Remember, there's no absolute right way to do it, and different things work for different people. 

Good luck!


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.