Happy Things




Hello to a new week, a new fresh start, a new chance to... look forward to the weekend? Whatever it may be, I hope you're all feeling good and had a great weekend! Personally, mine was pretty damn perfect to be honest. I just wanted to share with you guys what I've been up to, and why I'm such a smiley bugger right now. Plus I love a good catch up post.

The week started off much like any other typical one; lots of work and a hectic schedule. In fact it was probably a little more hectic than usual, because I knew I was going out over the weekend and I was trying to get ahead of schedule. I was looking forward to going out with one of my best friends in the world, and my other closest pals from college.

We've been friends for 12 years now, and these girls are amazing. We always have fun, and I never laugh as much as I do with them. We always have memorable times together, so I was really looking forward to the weekend. Needless to say we had a pretty epic night (perhaps you caught some glimpses of it on Periscope!) and it was the best. It was made even better by the fact that we went to some bars that we knew played awesome live music, and one of my old friends was performing! I haven't seen him since I was about 19 and it was amazing! We walked in, and as we were walking through the crowd I was like, 'Ooh I love this song!'. I turned to see who was playing and seen it this guys I hadn't seen in years and had a bit of an excited squeal. He soon recognised me and dedicated a song to me, and it was just one of those lovely moments really. The rest of the night was a huge laugh and I came away feeling lucky - as well as a little drunk... as I'm sure you all expected. Good music, good friends, surprises and alcohol. Fantastic combination.

Then I woke up yesterday (Sunday) hungover as fuck; and questioning whether to EVER drink alcohol again; as I'm sure we all do sometimes. Too many Jager bombs me thinks. I did what was most natural to me, and peeped at my phone to check my notifications before anything else. What did I find? Missed calls, texts, whatsapp messages from a variety of blogger friends all trying to get in touch with me. JUST before I read why they were all getting in touch, Gary turned to me in bed and said, 'Jem, you're on the Liverpool Echo website!' (being a Liverpool newspaper site) and my first thought was, 'Oh god... what did I do last night?!'. Turns out that myself and a bunch of other lovely Liverpool bloggers you may know were listed as Merseyside's best bloggers - YAY! I can't believe this little blog was listed on there, but I was SO fucking happy. It made the hangover a little easier to bear.

After a few hours nursing my head, throwing up and trying to dress myself; I finally gave in to Charlie (my best friend who I had been out with the previous night) and agreed to go the tattoo parlour with her. Not for ink though, piercings. Yep, yesterday while very hungover we went and got pierced. She opted for the nipple (brave) and I FINALLY got my lip pierced again. Some of you may know I used to have it done; but a previous job required I take it out - grrrrr. So I've wanted to get it redone ever since, and I am happy to say it feels like home again having some more metal in my face. It stung a little, but not as much as I thought I remembered it doing so the first time around. The only annoying thing is I have to wear a bar (where you can just see the stud under my bottom lip) for 6 weeks, before I can switch to a ring. I've always preferred the rings, they're so much more comfortable. I'll be honest, I'll keep this in about 3 weeks before I switch. I know I won't last the 6 weeks lol. It'll be fine.

I also got super spoiled by Charlie, as we hadn't seen each other for months before this weekend, and she still had gifts for me she'd intended for Christmas and whatnot. I can't quite do them justice but I'll try explain. She handed me a HUGE tower of chocolate, fudge and other treats all arranged into stacks of boxes (wow), a big bottle of Prosecco (the girl knows me well) and the most beautiful Pandora charm bracelet I could ask for. It came with two charms on, a beautiful butterfly; matching a charm she has on hers (AWWW I know, aren't we cute?!), and an official Disney one too! The crown from my favourite Disney princess, with her name written across; 'Ariel'. I'm so freaking excited, I have the best friends ever. Truly felt loved, thanks Charles.

Other highlights from the past week included making time for my own doodles (like the one above!) which I always love getting to do. And also chatting with old friends on the phone. I've made time lately to really get in touch with people I haven't spoken to in a long while, and it's been so lovely. Not like we've fallen out or anything, but you know... these things just happen sometimes, you lose touch and suddenly three years have gone by. I've made more of an effort to fix that, and I've even made plans with more old friends in the next few weeks too. 2016 Is the year I really make an effort to enrich my life as much as possible.


If you're still reading, god damn I love you.
Sorry I've waffled on today; but I just really wanted to share why I'm so happy. Everything seems to have gone right this past week or so; and it's lovely to share with you guys. We're now in the last week of January (already?!) and I have my fingers crossed the rest of the year goes as well as this first month has.

I hope you all had a fabulous day/week/month - do you have any plans for the next one? :)
Let me know! I have totally rambled on today, and I'd bloody love to hear from you guys! Genuinely tell me how you are, as I'll be reading every single little comment!

Thanks guys!

post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.