Rimmel Shimmer Review

Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch


Today's post is about a great little product I chanced upon in Poundland! Of all places. This is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch in 'Flush of Pearl' shade.


I find it crazy that I could ever find a beauty product I like for only £1. I'm not being a snob, I love a bargain - it's just so unusual, and typically cheap means terrible (usually).
But I've been wholeheartedly surprised with this baby. I saw it on the shelf and was tempted by it, as I like a few Rimmel products and I thought, why not? For a pound I really couldn't say no.

I love any beauty product that makes me feel fresh and 'made up', even when I'm not, and this one now falls into this category. The texture is really smooth and light, and applies nice and evenly. 



I applied this on the apples of my cheeks, brow bone and a little on my collarbone too. You can be generous without worrying you'll end up looking a bit 'Bowie', but you can get away with only a smidgen too! And since it was so cheap, I didn't feel too careful with it which can sometimes happen with expensive products. This is why I tried it across my collarbone and I found it accentuated the area wonderfully. 

This shimmer is subtle, and looks beautiful under the light when you catch a glimpse. It's a really quick and easy way to light up your face when feeling a little grungey. 

Now, bear in mind the RRP price is £4.99 as shown on the Rimmel website, that's quite a bargain!
So if you feel like trying it, I'd recommend hunting it out at a Poundland :)

What do you guys think? Have you found any cheap bargains in unexpected places?
Let me know, and follow me on Bloglovin for updates!
xx
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. Hey Jemma, found your blog on the Bright Side Blog Hop!!!! Great review..I may have to give this product a try!

    If you would like, check out my beauty blog @ Beauty By Jennafer


    Happy Blogging!

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for reading! Of course I checked out your blog - and Love it!! Followed :) xx

      Delete
  2. I wish I could find such amazing products in poundland! All the ones I go in just have really tacky rubbish. Fab post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole lot of rubbish usually! That's why I was so surprised hehe! Thank you so much for reading lovely! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.