Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation


Bit late to the game trying this one aren't I? Please forgive me, we'll call it fashionably late. Anywho, I recently (and finally) gave this foundation a little trial run after seeing a 3 for 2 offer in my local Superdrug, and used it as an excuse to try find some new bargains. I spotted the 25 Hour promise and was more than excited to try it. My skin seems to repel foundation; unless it's reaaaally good. I basically live in Estee Lauder Double Wear. And as amazing as that is, at almost £30 a pop my purse really feels the strain of it. So onto the challenge of finding a drugstore foundation almost as good. 

First impressions means a look at the packaging. For me, it's okay but nothing to shout about. It's a good size and a sleek design. I'm very happy this comes as a pump though, as I always find I can apply the perfect amount onto my brush this way. In fact, that's one way it has the upper hand than Double Wear - Estee doesn't have a pump, disappointingly. 


The formula itself is quite scented, so that might be a turn off for some people but I didn't mind to be honest and didn't notice it after a while. This foundation claims to be full coverage, transfer resistant, lasting 25 hours without signs of fatigue. I decided to give this a trial, applying it very early in the mornings on busy days without reapplying it at all. I liked the lightweight feel to it when it sat on my skin and found it blended and applied quite easily. I definitely wouldn't agree that this is a full coverage foundation, more like medium. But it's easily buildable and I'm happy with how it covered my dark circles, red blotches and general discoloration, for the perfect base. 



Over the days I used this on I was really impressed with how long it lasted. From applying at around 7am, and finding it only needed topping up at around 10pm at night - this amazed me! However, I know this is only 14/15 hours and the makeup promises 25. I just don't think it would last that long, and so some people may be really disappointed. To be honest though, I'm still quite impressed with this for a drugstore brand. Estee Lauder Double Wear is much better in many ways, but admittedly I don't like to use that just any old day. This Rimmel one will provide good coverage and a lasting finish I can feel confident in. I'm happy to use this everyday and I'm really happy to add this to my collection.
post signature

18 comments

  1. I have this in exactly the same shade! I'm having a massive bad skin time at the moment due to lots of alcohol so im waiting to do a post on this but i loved yours :)

    Bev xx
    www.beverbeee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a foundation that gives off a full coverage but lightweight sounds good. i do agree there are better foundations out there

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds/looks like a really wonderful product and it sounds like a long-lasting product too..perfect if you're on the go! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iv only just bought this foundation, looking forward to giving it a go after your review x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me! xx

      Delete
  5. I've just reviewed it on my blog as well :) I am quite impressed with it and, to be honest, I bought it on a whim and didn't expect too much but I actually really like it! x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have and this for a while now and don't use it as much as I should but it really is a great affordable foundation. It doesn't bother me that it might not last for 25 hours I mean who would even wear it for that long… Great review! x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Haha, who is even awake that long? Lol xx

      Delete
  7. Bought this foundation last week and I'm really enjoying it. While I agree there are better ones out there, this is a pretty good budget option in my opinion. Love the texture and the smell. :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! For the price, I'm really happy. xx

      Delete
  8. That is a long time for it to last!! It drives me mad that the expensive foundations dont come with a pump - especially when you are paying so much for it x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so annoying! If DW had a pump and was cheaper it would then be PERFECT hahaha :) x

      Delete
  9. I keep hearing good things about this foundation, I'm definitely going to have to try it out. My make up never lasts the day, so maybe this is the one to go for :) xx

    http://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely doesn't do as it says but it's quite good and i like that it isn't heavy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to give this a go - I've been using the L'Oreal True Match for years and feel like I need to branch out :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought this and hoping it works good! I do notice it gets cakier as the day goes on, I live in a hot dry climate. Also mine didn't come with a pump! Lame!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.