Reasons I'm A Huge Dork.

Geek things
Dorkface: The name is a clue right there. I'm not even one of the 'cool without trying/super techy gamer people' (what a terrible description), no; I'm just a dork. I like some things, and I obsess over some things. I thought I'd try cram some of them into a blog post, because it's this big part of my life that doesn't get represented on my blog as much as it should! So here are some things that make me a little bit dorky...


I Love Cartoons:

Rick and Morty - This is probably my favourite cartoon at the moment, it's fucking hilarious. It also gets really dark, deep and weird. I thoroughly recommend you try it out if you haven't already. Let Rick (buuuurp) win you over. Also you won't understand that joke if you don't watch it. Sorry. Also, this is definitely for adults, just to be clear.



Bee and Puppycat - BEAUTIFUL. That's how I'd describe this. Everything about it is so pretty and magical. It makes me want to collect all the merch so bad (I will). In fact I already have a Puppycat patch on my tote, and it's awesome. If you haven't seen this cartoon, please watch it. You will fall for Puppycat so bad. And Bee. And yeah just watch it. This one could be watched by anyone, but I think mostly appreciated by adults.



Gravity Falls - I only recently discovered this one, yay! Oh my gosh it's so good. I find it charming, amusing, fast paced and interesting. Mabel is my favourite (voiced by the same actress who does Louise Belcher!) and I think I might be envious of her jumper collection. I think this one is targeted at kids, but I found it still kept me amused the whole way through (I promise I'm not a total child haha).



Bob's Burgers - This is probably the 'biggest' or most known one out of the group maybe? I dunno. Anyway, it's hilarious. Think the Simpsons but.. grungier, cruder and maybe cheaper? I don't mean that in a bad way. The characters are brilliant, and I will love Tina forever. She's so weird.




Books:

Harry Potter
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Cormoran Strike Series
The Hunger Games
Any Rainbow Rowell.

- Just to be clear; I'm not listing my favourite books; though these would certainly be included somewhere there. I'm listing series of books that I love following, that turn me into a real 'fangirl'. I can geek over theories, plot twists, character growth and mysteries with these books, and I love it.


Games:

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Professor Layton (any of these games)
Sims 4
Basically any Mario game ever ever ever.


I stick to what I know and love with games, which I kind of hate to be honest. I wish I had more time to explore new ones but I never do, so I stick to my trusty DS usually.


Other:

Other things that I consider to be 'my thing'? Collecting stickers. A lot of you already know how much I adore stationery (SO DAMN MUCH), but I especially have a thing for stickers. I have a box full of them, and I really do see them as a proper collection. I have stickers for my planner, stickers for mail, stickers for handmade cards, and stickers that are so cute I can never bear to use them (logic).

I guess my love for social media can sometimes make me a dork too. I obsess over numbers and love learning about how SEO works and finding out new data in concerns to my blog. I'm not saying this makes me good at it, noooosiirreee. But I enjoy it anyway.

Oh also, I collect comics. I have specific loves and probably not ones you've heard of. - No I'm not trying to be hipster here I just seem to have genuinely found very small based comics that I adore.


So yeah...I'm a geek. I'm a nerd. I'm a DORK.
I love cartoons and I fangirl over Sherlock. I draw doodles all over my body to test out upcoming tattoos and I always heart the shy geek over the confident/beautiful/'together' type characters.

I'll be honest I don't think any of these things are particularly geeky really. I think they're awesome. But it's sometimes really great to embrace the little quirks that make each of us different. I also really enjoyed sharing this part of me, that you guys don't really get to see. 

Let me know if you'd like me to share more of these things?

Thanks for reading!

Stay geeky.



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

4 comments

  1. If I did a post like this it would look practically identical! God I love stickers <3

    www.northeastnerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo new cartoons to look for. The cartoons I have to watch are brain numbing and sure they are brain washing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobs burgers is just hilarious I love it so much! Have you ever tried the game Journey for the PlayStation? It's such a strange game but I feel like you might appreciate it and the message/art behind it. Have a look and see what you think! I really enjoyed it :)

    Teri-May xx
    Www.Acupoft.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also collect stickers & have a huge collection :)

    raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.