10 Happy Things Last Week

desk pen stationery patch

Sometimes you have a really crappy week, it's unavoidable. However, it can really make you appreciate the good times, and help you grow as a person. Last week wasn't the greatest for me, but I tried to pick myself up, stop crying about it and smile; and I felt all the more better for it.

"When life gives you lemons, just say fuck the lemons and bail." - Paul Rudd (aka my fave) in 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'.


Today I'm feeling inspired by Katy, who blogs weekly happy things and always finds the joy in life. So today I want to write everything I was grateful for last week, or which made me happy in some way or another.


1. Master Of None - This new Aziz Ansari show on Netflix is amazing, I binge watched it all. It's funny, emotional, truthful and thoughtful. My new favourite and it really got me through last week.

2. Seeing Mum & letting her help me out - It's not often I let Mum help me with anything, as I feel bad putting her out in any way. But last week I had to cave, and it felt really good knowing she was there for me. I love you Joan ;)

3. Doodles - YAY! I've started a challenge for myself to draw one thing every single day. Now of course I do this anyway, since I do design work for other bloggers etc. But I have to draw one thing everyday just FOR FUN, FOR ME. It can be as simple as a five minute doodle, and it doesn't matter what it is. As long as I put pen to paper everyday (I'm lying, I use a graphics tablet). It's felt really refreshing and I've already had a bunch of support/suggestions. Follow my Instagram to keep up.

4. Gary - Always grateful for this guy, obvs. But last week when I felt particularly stressed, he was on hand with practical solutions, help and plenty of cuddles. He's a bit of alright basically. Also go follow him on Instagram because he draws a lot too (and it's nice to say thanks).

5. Making Christmas cards - Getting into the festive spirit early, and I don't regret it one bit. I took some time to draw out a whole bunch of Christmas cards for my Etsy store, and it was so much fun. Sitting back watching Bob's Burgers and drawing is the best. I plan on making more 'funny' ones this week.

6. Getting prepared - I've also wrote out my entire Christmas list of things I need to buy, and cards I need to send, wow. I've never been this organised before. I even have one or two presents already bought for people, yay.

7. Sweet, sweet bloggers - When I hit a particularly grizzly and upsetting moment last week, I was inundated with lovely messages from people. The support I always feel from you guys is amazing. Particular shout out to Georgina because she basically stopped me sobbing and put a smile back on my face.

8. Having a SUPERB opportunity come up for this February. I can't go into it at the moment, but basically I'll get to do something I love for a special brand. Getting paid will be awesome, but to be honest it's something I'd do for free (don't tell them that! EEK) - that's how excited I am for it. I know this one is a real cock tease sorry.

9. Blogging - For the past month my blogging has been not as 100% polished as I'd have liked. There were a few days here and there without any posts, and some that I didn't have time to promote as much as usual etc. I hate not feeling on top of my game, so I was relieved when last week I got on top of things and sorted out my schedule properly. Hurrah!

10. Planning a fresh new look - Okay so this one is going to take a while. But basically I've wanted to give myself a huge fashion makeover for a while, and I haven't felt confident enough. I've always had this mentality like, 'Well I'm fat, so I'm not gonna look good either way' and it's stopped me from expressing myself the way I want, and I'm so done with it. I hope to save money for the next few months, completely clear out my wardrobe, and redo it all with a brand new style. Think COLOURFUL, bold, pastels, kawaii, girly and quirky. Yes. That's exactly what I want. And once I've built myself up a wardrobe I love, I'm going to get my friend Laura to help me take outfit photos for this blog. Yes, I'm actually going to share it with you all. Eek. Wish me luck.



So yeah, there are some of the happiest moments of last week; even though it was a bad one. In fact, writing all of this out has made me feel SUPER positive now. I might have to do this again soon. 

Let me know what things have made you guys happy this week? :)



post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

1 comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.