20 Ways To Spread A Little Joy

20 ways to spread joy

Sometimes even the smallest act of kindness can make a big difference to someone, and so today I thought I would make a list of twenty ways you can spread joy to another. Whether it's something small and silly to bring a laugh, or important and significant; do something today that will make someone smile. I guarantee you won't regret it.



1. Send a text to a friend telling them you miss them.

2. Comment on another blogger's recent post.

3. Write a letter to your mum.

4. Compliment a stranger.

5. Donate clothing/books/belongings you don't want/need.

6. Buy a gift for someone as a random surprise.

7. Receive good customer service from someone? Tell the store manager how awesome they were.

8. Smile at everyone you see today.

9. Let someone ahead of you in a queue.

10. Call up a friend and make them laugh.

11. Plan a trip with someone you haven't seen in a while.

12. Send a thank you card (to anyone, for anything!).

13. Leave notes with positive messages in public places.

14. Bake homemade cookies and take them to a friend.

15. Send flowers to someone who needs a smile.

16. Recommend a small business whenever you can.

17. Donate blood.

18. Be kind to yourself. It will make you more positive, and your happiness will be infectious.

19. Retweet another blogger's recent post.

20. Do a favour for someone - give up your time in some way, take them somewhere, babysit, listen to them. Whatever they may need.


You could also use this list as a monthly challenge for yourself, to see if you can complete everything in 30 days! How amazing would you feel at the end of it, knowing how much joy you will have brought people?

Let me know how you plan on spreading happiness and kindness today! :)


post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

5 comments

  1. What a gorgeous idea. I'm challenging myself to complete these by Christmas - I love it
    Tori | www.30plusandbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, I wish more people would make an effort to spread joy in the world.

    Lily
    Lovefrmlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post! I wish people were more open to spreading joy and little acts of kindness it makes a difference in this world!!

    Www.makeupbysophieblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the doctor waiting room and just left a sticky note with a kind Word on the magazine table... Thank you for this beautiful list I challenge myself to smille to everyone I see this week and get a gift for a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really lovely post Jemma! I always try to be the best person I can be & to spread as much joy as possible as there is too much sadness in the world already. I'm going to try & complete as many of these before Christmas as possible x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.