Being Goal Orientated


camera desk pen blogging


In the last few years I've discovered more about myself than ever before, and one of the best things I've discovered is that I'm really goal orientated. Nothing motivates me more than when I have a goal to work towards, an end game, a 'reward' for my efforts (even if that reward is simply the achievement). It drives me and spurs me on into the dark hours of the night, no matter how exhausted I may be. I wish I'd have known this at school to be honest. I did quite well, but I feel like if I'd have been aware that this was my best way of working, I might have achieved even more.

I wanted to share today how far my blog has come thanks to focusing on my goals. 
Last year I decided to set myself some goals for the future and they included the following;

1. Work for myself.
2. Meet other bloggers.
3. Get a post of mine on the popular posts page in Bloglovin.
4. Start illustrating and sell some of my designs.
5. Be short-listed for a blog award.

There were many more things on my list of goals, both professionally and personally; but I'd be here all day going through them. The long and short of it is that I always have goals I'm working towards. The ones named above are ones that I've already achieved, and I feel incredibly proud of that. I still have many others though I haven't achieved yet, and that's okay! I can't imagine having nothing I want to work towards, or nothing that motivates me to push myself further.

I'm working on my next list of goals and my god IT'S HARD. Let's just say that right now shall we? This isn't a post glorifying achievements, so please don't take it this way. I put myself through agony, late nights, lack of social life, deadlines, hardly any money for food and much more. I put my heart and soul into everything I do, because god dammit I don't want to live a day on this earth without trying. I want to be able to look back and be proud of myself.

A lot of the time people tell me to slow down, and it's totally justified. When I'm still awake at 5am designing, or finishing up a blog post, it can get really tough. But all it takes is a reminder that last year I was switching between a variety of jobs that made me miserable. I just about have enough money to survive right now, but I'm willing to do this and give my everything rather than going back to being that unhappy.

Goals keep me going, they keep me focused on the future. They guide what I do today.
I have big dreams for 2016, and I hope some of them become a reality. But I think the most important thing is that I have those hopes in the first place. Whether I achieve them or not, only time will tell.


Have you set yourself any goals for the future? And if so, what are you doing today to work towards them?


Wishing you all the luck in the world guys. We got this!
post signature


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Facebook

3 comments

  1. Being in year 11, you've made me realise that I need to start setting some goals for myself involving my exams in order for me to do better so thank you for that ☺️👏 One of the best blogs I've read so far xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Your dedications & commitment shine through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this, I can relate. In my case setting goals has been a some what therapy fighting anxiety it helps me keep it in control & push myself even more. Great blog thank you for sharing♡

    With Love, Celeste

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.