So somebody turned 26..


Okay you got me, it was me. I know, I know, I look way younger right? Right?!
Ahem.. Anyway, it was a pretty lovely birthday and I feel very grateful for the gifts I received and the time I had. I've been very spoiled.

Just thought I'd update on here to show off some of my wonderful gifts, and also my new red hair!

Do you like it? I'm very happy with it, and I've wanted it for a while now.
I'm kind of known for changing my hair colour very frequently, but I've been 'good' for a few months as a brunette, until now. I get bored easily, and I like to funk it up whenever I get a chance. In all honesty I will probably change it again in a few weeks, so watch this space!

Now, for the presents! I got seriously spoiled by my boyfriend, as he got me gifts he has known I've wanted very badly. I wanted to share these as some of them were lovely beauty products I felt I should tell you about.

1. A whole lovely Clinique skincare set! This is the 3 step kit for skin type 2. Skin type 2 is for Dry/Combination skin. I had a personal consultation with a Clinique expert in Debenhams, to determine which range would be best for me. I thoroughly recommend this before buying one of these kits! Do not guess, as you could end up with something that will not help your skin at all, or even make it worse. The consults are free and very useful. Also, you can buy introductory kits at around £20 rather than the full price kits, so you can see if you like these products. Again, still get a consult though! I'm so, so happy with this as I've wanted a really good skincare routine for a while and Clinique products are always great on my sensitive skin. A wonderful gift!

2. Ghost 'Captivating' is one I had never smelt until recently and I instantly fell in love! I'm a fan of a few of the Ghost perfumes so this is another beaut I'll be adding to my perfume collection.

3. And finally, my most precious gift! I'm going to sound like such a geek saying makeup brushes were my favourite birthday present, but they really were! These are the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes I'd been lusting after for a while, and they haven't let me down.
From left to right, the set includes; a Contour brush, a pointed Foundation brush, a Detailer brush and a Buffing brush. They also come in a nice case which can also be used as a stand, and it has space for some other extra brushes you may want to carry around with you.
I personally adore the Buffing brush more than anything as it can be used for foundation or powder, and I've found it particularly useful for applying foundation. Other brushes I had tried didn't run as easily over my skin, or blend as well. The Contour brush is another valuable addition to my brush set as I am seriously trying to up my contour game!
I feel this set is a wonderful addition to my makeup bag and I'm very happy :)

So there you have it! Some of my very special gifts.
I feel very grateful and I'll be sure to put them all to good use.

Thanks for reading guys!
Leave a comment?
xx
Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.