Beauty Review:

Sleek Face Contour Kit




So I've been wanting to practise contouring for a while now, as I've never really, truly nailed it.
I'd heard a couple of good things about the Sleek Contouring Kit from other beauty bloggers and also from Pixiwoo on Youtube. Especially considering the amazing price (£6.49!) this seemed like a nice choice from the opinion of my purse!

It comes in a small compact with a contour and highlighter split inside, a lovely little package easy to pop into your bag for convenience. 



Now for a beginner like me, Sleek have thoughtfully included a guide to contouring your nose and cheeks and using the highlighter effectively. This guide shows you with pictures step by step how to go about contouring, and I found this very helpful! Although it does help to see someone do this themselves as we all know, so popping over to Youtube is always good for a 'How To' vid.


The kits come in 3 shades; Dark, Medium and Light. I'm quite pale and fair skinned so I always go for the paler option when it comes to make up and I found this was a nice match to my skin. It darkened it just slightly for the contouring, and lightened it subtly with the highlighter. No awkward stripes to be seen!
The powder itself is very soft, subtle and you only need a small amount which is so satisfying; knowing you don't need lots and lots to create a good effect.

Now as you can see from my photographs, I used the Real Techniques contouring brush with this kit, which I found perfect, but I know you could find a multitude of brushes to work well.

So how did I do?
Well here's a photo taken after my first little practise test.


Now, I only wish I had a before photo to compare for you! I was so excited to try it though, I forgot! Please forgive me. I'm sure I'll do a post soon enough though with a before and after comparison of my makeup routine, so you can really appreciate the difference.

I think you can see on this photo though where I've tried to create a subtle dark shade in the hollow of my cheeks, to slim my face down (hopefully!) and lighten the apples of my cheeks. I do need to keep practising though because I found I weren't natural at blending the contour in! Hopefully it doesn't look too awful though, and I'll get better.

Overall I'm really quite impressed with this kit. Especially as a beginner, I found it was useful with its guide inside, and it was such a reasonable price. As I mentioned, you do only need a little of this so it should last a long time too. I'd give this a thumbs up!

What do you guys think? Have you tried this? Could you suggest a better kit? Or maybe you know a good contouring guide for beginners? Let me know!
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. I found this super helpful!
    ashleighrhiane.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice, I might have to get it and give it a go as everytime I try it myself with other products I end up looking like a clown!!

    http://amorinmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it's great and I've gotten better with practise, its so easy though with this product! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love to know what you thought :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dorkface. Design by Fearne.